PhD project is integrated data analysis of the available fast-ion diagnostics at the stellarator Wendelstein 7-X, in the Plasma Physics and Fusion Energy Section of DTU Physics, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 21, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Plasma Physics|
– Fusion Energy
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Plasma Physics and Fusion Energy Section|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||As soon as possible|
The successful candidate will have obtained excellent grades in his/her Bachelor and Masters degrees. He/she should also be well-motivated, hardworking and willing and able to work as part of a team. Candidates should have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) in Physics or Mathematics or have similar qualifications by the time they commence the project
Knowledge in plasma physics, tomography or inverse problems is advantageous
The subject of the PhD project is integrated data analysis of the available fast-ion diagnostics at the stellarator Wendelstein 7-X. The integrated data analysis will be done using novel tomographic inversion techniques to measure the full phase-space distribution function comprised of position space and velocity space. The PhD student will work on theoretical aspects of the methods, their implementation, and use the methods to analyze experimental data. A major part of the project will be to prepare, participate in and analyze measurements at Wendelstein 7-X. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to travel to Wendelstein 7-X for several months. If beneficial, we will also apply the developed methods to tokamaks.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU–Moving to Denmark.
Associate Professor Mirko Salewski
Phone: +45 2366 8444.
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 22nd, 2021 (GMT+9)