PhD scholarship for Graduates in (Nanoscience) organic thin-film devices for photodetector applications at centre NanoSYD, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jul 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Physics|
– Nano Science
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
Mads Clausen Institute, University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021|
- A master’s degree in a field related to the PhD project topic, such as engineering or physics.
- The preferred candidate has experience in microfabrication techniques (in particular vacuum-based thin-film deposition), thin-film/surface characterization techniques and/or device physics and fabrication.
- Moreover, the preferred candidate has strong skills in communicating scientific results in English (written and spoken), can work well in a team as well as independently, and can quickly acquire new knowledge.
- The research focus of the PhD project is to develop photodetectors based on a graphene-organic semiconductor heterostructure.
- It will be a primarily experimental project that focuses on investigations of how the organic thin-film microstructure can be optimized for improved photodetector device performance.
- The project includes thin-film deposition and characterization experiments as well as device fabrication and testing.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application procedure : The Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information on How to apply before applying.
Associate Professor Jakob Kjelstrup-Hansen
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday July 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)