PhD Stipend/Integrated PhD Stipend for Graduates in Glass Science and Technology is available at Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 31, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Glass science and technology|
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
|Workplace||Department of Chemistry and Bioscience|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||July 15, 2021|
- PhD stipends are allocated to individuals who hold a Master’s degree.
- Integrated PhD stipends are allocated to individuals who has not yet completed a Master’s degree and who wish to begin the PhD study in connection with the Master study.
- Thus, a prerequisite for acceptance is that the candidate is enrolled in a relevant Master’s programme.
- The candidate should have one of the following backgrounds: glass science and technology, geology, mineralogy.
- Knowledge in glass fibers, as well as the experiences with thermal analysis, crystallographic techniques, chemical reactions, spectroscopy and microscopy will be an advantage.
- The PhD project will investigate the influence of melt production parameters on the high temperature stability of stone wool fibers
- The project will be performed in an interdisciplinary environment, utilizing the expertise and experimental equipment available at Aalborg University and at the manufacturing sites and research laboratories at ROCKWOOL International A/S
- This includes a variety of facilities for producing, characterizing, testing and investigating raw materials, melts and stone wool fibers
- The project will focus on both physical and chemical processes in the ROCKWOOL production.
How to Apply?
The application is only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button mentioned above.
About the project/department
- The Department of Chemistry and Bioscience consists of five sections of which three are situated in Aalborg with research and teaching in Biotechnology, Applied Chemistry and Biology & Environmental Science. Moreover, one section is located in Copenhagen on Sustainable Biotechnology and one section is situated in Esbjerg on Chemical Engineering.
- The ROCKWOOL Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of engineered stone wool products with 46 manufacturing facilities and approximately 11,000 employees distributed worldwide. We are delivering specialist options for the building, industrial, horticultural, marine, transport and offshore sectors. Stone wool products are produced by melting raw materials to generate an at least 1500 °C hot melt, subsequently by spinning the melt into fibers, and finally by collecting and forming the fibres into the compact wool structure. The ROCKWOOL Group is committed to reduce the CO2 emissions from our production and the subject of this PhD is designed to support this.
- The Integrated PhD stipend is only open for appointment with starting date September 1, 2021.
- Based on whether the successful applicant already holds a Master’s degree he/she will receive either a regular PhD stipend (3 years) or an Integrated PhD stipend (4 years).
- For further information about stipends and salary as well as practical issues concerning the application procedure contact Ms. Vigdis Skomager-Bohnfeldt, The Faculty of Engineering and Science, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +45 9940 7408
- The system does not support ZIP or images files. Filenames can only contain numbers and letters, and each document must take up no more than 20 MB.
Professor Yuanzheng Yue
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Section of Chemistry,
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)