PhD scholarship for Graduates in Medicinal Chemistry is available at DTU Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
June 18, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemistry|
– Medicinal Chemistry
– Synthetic Chemistry
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021 or ASAP|
- Two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Ideally, your degree should be in medicinal chemistry, but applicants with a degree in synthetic chemistry or pharmacy are also encouraged to apply.
More specifically you should ideally have the following qualifications:
- Extensive experience with the design and execution of synthetic routes to small molecules
- Characterization of small molecules by LCMS and spectroscopic techniques
- Thorough knowledge of the properties that makes good probes and leads for drug discovery, including ADME/DMPK
- Experience with the analysis of small molecule-protein interactions is an advantage
- Experience in advanced NMR spectroscopy is an advantage
- Experience with FBDD is an advantage
The assessment of the candidates will be made by Prof. Mads H. Clausen and Assoc. Prof. Charlotte Held Gotfredsen.
- You will be responsible for screening our in-house fragment collection against protein targets and performing follow-up secondary screening using biophysical methods.
- You will also be in charge of hit-to-lead medicinal chemistry in collaboration with experts in structural biology.
- As part of the team focused on screening and FBDD, you are furthermore expected to teach undergraduate courses and to supervise undergraduate research projects.
- During the project you will be expected to learn the basics of cell biology and to work with cultured mammalian cells at DTU and the University of Miami.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae, including any publications and contact information of at least two references
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the project/department
You will work with fragment-based drug discovery (FBDD) as part of a collaboration between DTU, the University of Copenhagen and the University of Miami. The project is funded by Independent Research Fund Denmark. You will join a team looking to develop small molecules with potential for studying and treating inflammatory disorders, such as neurodegenerative disease.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Prof. Mads H. Clausen,
Tel.: +45 4525 2131,
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 19th, 2021 (GMT+9)