PhD scholarship in Pyrolysis of Waste to Synthetic Fuels on Cement Plants is available at DTU Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
June 20 , 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemical Engineering|
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
|Workplace||DTU Chemical Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
- Two-year master’s degree within Chemical Engineering (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Knowledge and/or experiences pilot-scale reactors and pyrolysis will be an advantage
The assessment of the applicants will be made by Senior Researcher Peter Arendt Jensen, Professor Anker Degn Jensen and Senior Researcher Brian Brun Hansen.
The overall aim of the PhD project will be to optimize a pyrolysis reactor system that can be applied as an integrated part of the preheater system on a cement plants. This will mainly be done by using a laboratory set-up to investigate the influence of a broad range of waste types and operation conditions with respect to obtaining high oil yield and high oil quality. Samples from measurements campaigns at a FLSmidth owed pilot plant will furthermore be collected and characterized.
More specifically the position will be part of the following tasks:
- Participate in the further development of a laboratory pyrolyzer and a tar collection system
- Provide an assessment of pyrolysis oil quality as a function of waste type, raw meal calcination level and operation conditions
- Collaborate with industrial partners on an up-scaling of the pyrolysis system
- Obtain an improved fundamental understanding of pyrolysis when applying cement raw materials in the process
- To interact with the other partners of the project for data analysis and design suggestions
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the project/department
DTU Chemical Engineering & industrial partners in the development and study of a new waste pyrolysis process yielding sustainable liquid fuels. You will be based at DTU Chemical engineering the CHEC research group in a dynamic research environment. The project will include collaboration with several industrial companies and will provide research with both an international and practical impact. The PhD project is part of a broader project team and you will work together with both industrial and academic experts in the field. The team will develop a new concept for producing synthetic liquid fuels from waste on cement plants.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Senior Researcher Peter Arendt Jensen
Tel.: +45 4525 2849,
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday June 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)