PhD scholarship for Graduates in Biotechnology – Synthetic Cell-Cell Communication is available at Center for Biosustainability (CfB), Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Bioengineering|
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
|Workplace||Center for Biosustainability (CfB) |
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
- A two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points), or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree, within bioengineering, biotechnology, or related fields is required for the scholarship
- Hands-on experience with engineering cells and cell-cell communication
- Creativity, and openness to innovation
- Enthusiasm and excellent collaboration skills
- Passion for high-quality data and mathematical modelling
- Strong oral and written skills in English
Specific Qualifications: Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following research areas, without being an exhaustive list:
- Proven track-record within synthetic biology, ideally within yeast
- Knowledge of GPCR signalling preferred
- Programming skills
- Significant understanding of development of reporter assays and actuation
The assessment will be made by senior research Michael Krogh Jensen (email@example.com), DTU, Center for Biosustainability at the Technical University of Denmark.
- Design and characterize eukaryotic signalling components via yeast surface display
- Directed evolution of cell-cell signalling components
- Modelling of cell-cell communication
- Dissemination of high-quality data to an interdisciplinary team
- Publish scientific papers
How to Apply?
You can apply for the position online at www.job.dtu.dk. Open the “Apply online” link, fill out the form and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Your motivated application (Cover letter)
- Diplomas (MSc/BSc)
- List of publications and patents (if any)
About the project/department
The CfB is focused on developing the next generation of cell factories focusing on big data generation and analytics to accelerate green transition and support sustainable lifestyles. We offer an exciting, collaborative, and diligent work environment, focusing on scientific excellence and innovation with both societal and environmental impacts. The position offers a unique possibility of being part of an interdisciplinary research team working on building foundational knowledge linking receptor signalling and cell-cell communication using a yeast synthetic biology approach.
The Technical University of Denmark is a leading technical university, globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. In the section Synthetic Biology Tools for Yeast led by Dr. Michael Krogh Jensen we offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in a work-environment characterized by collegial respect, a welcoming atmosphere, and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Senior researcher and group leader Dr. Michael Krogh Jensen
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)