PhD Position in a DFF Research Leader Project on Environmental Toxicology is available at the Department of Biology, University of Southern Denmark
PhD Position in a DFF Research Leader Project on Environmental Toxicology
May 15, 2021 (GMT+1)
No. of Position(s)
- Environmental Science
According to Standard norms
Department of Biology
University of Southern Denmark
Starting date: Aug 01, 2021
- MSc degree in environmental sciences, biology, or related fields.
- The candidate should have laboratory and/or field experience in environmental toxicology.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is mandatory.
Experience with animal embryonic models, RNA sequencing and transcriptome analyses, or micro(nano)plastic is preferable.
The primary goal of this project is to understand the intricate details of the cellular uptake mechanisms, developmental effects, and toxicity mechanisms of nanoplastics in organisms of different vertebrate classes under environmentally realistic conditions.
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
About the Project
This project on Revealing “hidden” plastics using Trinal Oviparous Omics Model (TriOOL) builds on strong interdisciplinary technologies and international expertise to explore frontiers of nanoplastic pollution issues, by integrating comparative model embryos, cutting-edge bioimaging, omics, and hazard modelLing. The project will provide unprecedented insights into understanding the potential hazards posed by nanoplastics and corresponding mechanisms and launch a new chapter in the toxicological assessment of nanopollutant mixtures.
The project is led by Sapere Aude Research Leader Dr Elvis Genbo Xu (Assistant Professor). The successful applicant will be co-supervised by Associate Professor Henrik Holbech. The project team includes top-level collaborators Professor Gray Hardiman (UK), Professor Knut Erik Tollefsen (Norway), and Associate Professor Jonathan Brewer (Denmark), as well as a world-class international advisory board: Professor Richard Thompson (UK), Professor Martin Grosell (USA), Professor Daniel Schlenk (USA), Professor Daoji Li (China), and Professor Xiangrong Xu (China).
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation. The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
- PhD stipend in Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- Research Assistants in Immunology – Aarhus, Denmark
- PhD Position in Biotechnology, Bioscience
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)