Computational science, Applied mathematics – PhD position to develop new solutions for automated image-based quality assessment, funded by DIREC – Digital Research Center Denmark, Section for Cognitive Systems, DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 20, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Computational science, Engineering, Applied mathematics|
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Section for Cognitive Systems, DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
Candidates should have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree. The master degree should be in engineering, computational science, applied mathematics or equivalent.
Preference will be given to candidates who can document experience in deep learning, solid coding skills and research experience. Good command of the English language is essential.
Are you interested in developing new deep learning methods for understanding of visual data? Then you might be our new PhD student. Your tasks will be to
- Develop and implement deep learning methods for analysis of image data.
- Motivated by the FOSS data challenges you will research methods for improved deep learning in complex, real world settings based on weakly supervised methods, including semi-supervised and self-supervised learning. Other topics of interest include the detection of out-of-distribution events, explainability and active learning.
- Disseminate your research in top machine learning conferences, such NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR etc.
- Develop, document, and publish open source software to make your research available to the wider machine learning community.
- Contribute to the productive collaboration between FOSS, DIKU and DTU Compute and by your presence ensure that your research is aligned with the project’s needs.
We expect that you are highly motivated and self-driven and strive for excellence.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About DTU Compute
DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and innovation of high international standard—producing new knowledge and technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Lars Kai Hansen
Section for Cognitive Systems
Tel.: +45 6021 6989
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
- PhD stipend in Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- Research Assistants in Immunology – Aarhus, Denmark
- PhD Position in Biotechnology, Bioscience
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)