PhD Position for graduates with self-driven attitude and a solid geotechnical background, who is highly skilled in soil characterization and ground modelling is available in the Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One|
|Research Area||– Civil Engineering|
– Solid Geotechnics
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Department of Civil Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
- A PhD candidate with self-driven attitude and a solid geotechnical background, who is highly skilled in soil characterization and ground modelling
- This involves good theoretical understanding of soil and rock mechanics and solid knowledge regarding interpretation of in situ testing and laboratory experiments
- The candidate should also have experience in numerical modelling of soil-structure-interaction problems.
The following skills will be considered an advantage:
- Prior knowledge of constitutive modelling
- Previous experience in programming
- Prior knowledge or willingness to learn about sustainability, cost-benefit analysis and LCA
You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
As a PhD student in this project you will engage in:
- Fundamental and advanced soil and rock characterization,
- Advanced analytical and numerical modelling of soil-structure interaction problems,
- Evaluation of the field monitoring of underground structures
- Cost-benefit and sustainability analysis
- Oral and verbal communication with partners and in scientific fora
- Teaching and co-supervision of BSc and MSc students
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
- One page research statement describing the role of sustainability in underground constructions (as envisioned in the current project)
About the Project
This project gives you the opportunity to become a leading figure in driving sustainable development and construction of underground infrastructure. This will be achieved by coupling existing monitoring data and advanced numerical simulations in digital twins, contributing to digitalization of the industry as well as improving its sustainability record. The project is anchored in the Section for Geotechnics and Geology and will be performed in close collaboration with Technion University (Israel) and Metroselskabet, giving you the chance to collaborate with a diverse and rich research team.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Tel: +45 4525 5092.
Please do not send applications to these e-mail addresses, only online applications as described above will be considered.
PhD scholarship in Digital twins for sustainable underground constructions
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday May 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)