PhD position with scholarship in Digital Production, in the Department of Technology, Management and Economics at DTU-Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 28, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Mechanical engineering|
– Operations management
– Production engineering
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Technology, Management and Economics|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree. A relevant background could be a master’s degree in mechanical engineering, operations management, production engineering, or a degree in other areas with additional qualifications relevant for the responsibilities and tasks.
You will become part of a research team working intensively with operations management and digital production.
The focus of the PhD study will be to explore possible technologies, conduct tests in small scale, and provide the decision basis for full-scale implementation of digitalization technologies with the end-goal of increasing the competitiveness of the FDBD Finished Goods production.
- You will be responsible for identification, exploration, and test of digitalization technologies most relevant to flow production.
- You will contribute to the advanced research conducted in our research group on operations management and digital production.
- Your research could include initially identification of 1-2 high-impact digitalization technologies for flow production. When the most relevant technologies have been identified, the state of the art from available research literature will be investigated as well as experiences from implementation from other manufacturing companies, e.g. companies in the MADE consortium.
- Prepare and execute a small-scale test, as well as a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the expected impact from implementing the digitalization technology. The ambition is to have an initial decision-base for the first selected technology in 12-18 months (a stop/-go decision point for the technology’s implementation in FDBD).
- You will engage in iterative analysis, development and implementation
- You have the ability to work focused and to achieve ambitious goals
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the project/department
The research field is digitalization of production. The objective is to identify relevant digital technologies, assess how these technologies can be implemented, and quantify expected impact of applying these technologies. Working in the pharmaceutical industry, focus will also be on the main risks associated with implementing digital technologies in the context of a regulated industry.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Lars Hvam
Tel.: +45 40643747
Senior Manager Morten Lahrmann, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
Tel: +45 4194 9553
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 29th, 2021 (GMT+9)