PhD in Sociology and Social Work to address questions from any sociological area related to the activities of the department’s three sociological research groups, in the Department of Sociology and Social Work, Faculty of Social Sciences, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 27, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Sociology, Social work|
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Department of Sociology and Social Work, Aalborg University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward statement from thesis supervisor, verified transcripts, a copy of thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam
Prior experience with sociological methods (quantitative and/or qualitative) and experience with empirical research will be considered an advantage, but is not a requirement
The department invites applications for a 3-year PhD scholarship within the field of sociology. PhD projects are expected to address questions from any sociological area related to the activities of the department’s three sociological research groups (www.castor.aau.dk , www.saga.aau.dk , www.socmap.aau.dk).
How to Apply?
- The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online” function above
- Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system, please upload only Word or PDF files.
Applicants must submit a motivated application, CV, documentation of academic exams and qualifications, a project description including a PhD plan and other relevant documents for assessment.
- letter of motivation
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Applicants WHO are planning to complete a doctoral thesis in English and who do not have English as a first language or WHO have not completed an English language-based Master’s programme (or an equivalent educational achievement in English) shall provide documentation that they have passed one of the following official tests with the respective minimum score: IELTS (band score): 7 TOEFL (paper-based): 600, TOEFL (internet-based): 100.
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 242 of 13 March 2012 and The Ministry of Higher Education and Science Circular concerning the job structure for academic staff at universities of 11 December 2019. Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force.
Head of Department, Trond Beldo Klausen
Phone: +45 99402602
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 28th, 2021 (GMT+9)