PhD in Chemical Engineering to develop improved catalysts for methanol synthesis from CO, CO2 and H2 whereas the other project seeks to develop improved catalysts for ammonia synthesis from H2 and N2, Department of Chemical Engineering DTU, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 20, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||2|
|Research Area||Chemical Engineering|
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Department of Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree
Preference will be given to candidates with a master’s degree in chemical engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering
- Chemical synthesis of catalytic materials by wet chemistry techniques such as impregnation and precipitation.
- Measurements of catalytic activity in flow reactors operating at high pressure including product characterization by gas chromatography and mass spectroscopy.
- Commissioning and operation of a high pressure setup for thermogravimetric analysis for studying adsorbate coverages at real reaction conditions.
- Kinetic modelling to analyse experimental results.
- Performing catalyst characterization using techniques such as infrared spectroscopy, chemisorption and temperature programmed reaction or desorption.
- Work with collaborators on catalyst characterization by electron microscopy and X-ray based techniques.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the Project
The CHEC Research Centre at DTU Chemical Engineering is internationally recognised for research in catalysis, combustion, gasification, pyrolysis and emission control.s
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU–Moving to Denmark.
Assoc. Prof. Jakob Munkholt Christensen
Phone: +45 45 25 28 10
Prof. Anker Degn Jensen
Phone: +45 45 25 28 41
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)