PhD fellowships in Computer science is available to work at the intersection of human-computer interaction, programmable touch sensory (haptic) feedback, and/or social robotics, Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Haptics, and Social Robotics|
|Scholarship||DKK 330,284 / Annum|
|Workplace||Department of Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, UCPH, Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
- For integrated MSc and PhD scheme (see below), a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Physiology, Biomechanics, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields
- For the PhD scheme, a master’s degree in Computer Science, Human-computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Physiology, Biomechanics, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields
- Knowledge or skills in human-computer interaction or human-robot interactionFamiliarity with haptic technology, haptic interaction design, and/or haptic perception
- Familiarity with sensing technology and/or virtual reality technology is a plus.
- Strong programming skills
- Proficiency in English, both in speaking and writing
Additionally, candidates need to stand out in at least one of the following key criteria of excellence used for the assessment:
- Grades that document an outstanding academic record
- Scientific publication(s) in recognized, peer-reviewed venues
- Awards and honors
- Professional qualifications and work experience
- To manage and carry through your research project
- Attend PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Work for the department
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW above
- Cover Letter stating your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project
- Curriculum Vita (CV)
- Diploma (bachelor’s and if applicable master’s)
- Assessment of master thesis (if applicable)
- Transcripts of grades (bachelor’s and if applicable master’s), documenting an outstanding academic record. The grades should be understandable in English and the candidate must include information about the grading scale.
- Acceptance letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)
- If applicable, PDFs of up to three scientific publications that you have co-authored.
The PhD fellow will work at the intersection of human-computer interaction, programmable touch sensory (haptic) feedback, and/or social robotics. Advances in haptics and social robotics have enable us to communicate information and emotions through our sense of touch. Our touch gestures are increasingly recognized by computers and robots, and the list of haptic devices that can provide perceptible touch sensations is growing. Yet, little work is done on cognitive and social aspects of haptic technologies and creating and evaluating meaningful user experiences with them. We seek to hire a PhD student to work on touch perception and experience design for human-human and/or human-robot interaction scenarios. Within this broad scope, the PhD student will have the freedom to shape the work and define the focus together with the supervisors.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 330,284 (approx. €44,000) including an annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,674). Negotiation for a salary supplement is possible.
Principal supervisor Dr. Hasti Seifi
Department of Computer Science
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)