PhD fellow in Sales management, at Aalborg University Business School, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 30, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Sales management|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Aalborg University Business School|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree
The classic image of the salesperson is in flux and the buying-selling interface is currently changing as more people and functions in corporations become involved on both the buying and the selling sides of the buyer-seller dyad. New information technology increases the opportunities to support value-creating sales, but also changes the sales management processes. Another fundamental – almost paradoxical change for the conventional sales function focus on increasing consumption – is the focus on sustainability. Many organizations therefore must rethink their sales processes, including how they scope their organization (for instance through indirect sales functions) or management of their sales staff. The requirements for the salesperson’s role and opportunities for interaction with customers, as well as the requirements for sales enablement systems (understood as the organizational and managerial terms, support decision tools that support sales systems) are also affected.
PhD positions from Aalborg University Business School are aimed at providing career opportunities both within and outside the university. Therefore, PhD positions are designed in such a way that the competencies acquired in the position qualify for both a research career and a career in the private and/or public sector.
How to Apply?
- The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online” function mentioned above
- Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system, please upload only Word or PDF files.
- letter of motivation
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Applicants WHO are planning to complete a doctoral thesis in English and who do not have English as a first language or WHO have not completed an English language-based Master’s programme (or an equivalent educational achievement in English) shall provide documentation that they have passed one of the following official tests with the respective minimum score: IELTS (band score):7 TOEFL (paper-based): 600, TOEFL (internet-based): 100.
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
About the project
The purpose of this PhD project is to explore aspects of the dynamic connections between organizing and managing sales processes and value creation. For instance: how are the organizational and managerial preconditions created for salespeople and supporting their practices in value-creating sales processes, and how are these affected by the increased complexity of the interaction with customers? We are looking forward to receiving your interesting and original research proposal, linking to this overall problematic.
Appointment and salary as a PhD fellow are according to the Ministry of Finance Circular of 29 June 2019, on the Collective Agreement for Academics in Denmark, Appendix 5, regarding PhD fellows, and with the current Circular on the employment structure at Danish Universities. AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Professor Poul Houman Andersen
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday July 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)