PhD Fellow to realize fast compact and efficient electrically-controlled ultra-thin flat optics components, enabling dynamic and reconfigurable molding the electromagnetic radiation flow, in the Centre for Nano Optics, at the Mads Clausen Institute, University of Southern Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 22, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One|
|Research Area||– Nanofabrication|
– Experimental Quantum Plasmonics
|Scholarship||25123.22 DKK / Month|
|Workplace||Centre for Nano Optics|
Mads Clausen Institute
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
Potential candidates for the 3-year PhD-scholarship are expected to have a relevant MSc degree and experimental skills in at least one of the following areas: nanofabrication, advanced electromagnetic modelling and optical characterization of plasmon-based metasurfaces operating in visible and near-infrared wavelength ranges
The proposed project is concerned with experimental investigations and theoretical studies of possibilities for realization of dynamic electrically-controlled optical metasurfaces implemented with various plasmonic nanostructures, with the overall goal being to enable diverse fast and efficient electrically-controlled ultra-thin flat optics components.
The project goals include the development of analytical approaches, computational tools and experimental (fabrication and characterization) techniques for the realization of dynamic electrically-controlled optical metasurfaces implemented with plasmonic nanostructures as well as the contribution to further progress in understanding of physical mechanisms involved in light-matter interactions at nanoscale. The overarching goal is to realize fast compact and efficient electrically-controlled ultra-thin flat optics components, enabling dynamic and reconfigurable molding the electromagnetic radiation flow.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and must include the following
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Cover letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
- If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prof. Sergey I. Bozhevolnyi
Phone: +45 6550-7341
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 23rd, 2021 (GMT+9)