PhD Position for graduates in Entrepreneurship, Applied Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Educational Technology or Computer Science to carry out the project “neurodiversity in entrepreneurship education” is available in the DTU Entrepreneurship, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One|
|Research Area||– Entrepreneurship|
– Applied Psychology
– Clinical Psychology
– Computer Science
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
A two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree. Candidates should have a master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Applied Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Educational Technology or Computer Science or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
As a PhD fellow, you are expected to:
- Conduct a literature review about EdTech/neurodiversity
- Design, test and analyse effectiveness of technological inventions
- Write high-level academic publications on an internationally leading level
- Translate research outcomes into practice/teaching material
- The project work requires good understanding of qualitative and experimental methods, good communication skills, an analytically mind-set and good digital skills.
- Experience in developing or using EdTech would be of great advantage.
Your research tasks include theoretical and empirical work on the above-mentioned topics. We expect you to disseminate your results in academically and practically relevant outlets, as well as translating your knowledge into teaching materials and exercises.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application, including your research activities and ideas for the research project (cover letter, max 2-pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma, certificates, and lists of subjects with your results as well as their official translation into English
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
- Two reference contacts who may be contacted by the assessment committee
About the Project
The PhD project focuses on developing, testing and implementing technological interventions towards neurodiversity in entrepreneurship education. The overarching aim is to demonstrate how dispositions and behaviours associated with neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g. ADHD, ASD) which often impair students in classrooms, can become as real asset in an entrepreneurial context. It is based on prior research showing that neuro-diverse individuals have greater entrepreneurial intentions, are more likely to engage in entrepreneurial behaviour (Lerner et al., 2018), and can become very successful entrepreneurs (Wiklund et al., 2018). However, neurodevelopmental disorders often go along with social difficulties, and students with neuro-developmental disorders have reported to have difficulties working in groups – particularly under the current circumstances related to COVID-19.
Given that entrepreneurship studies seems to a promising path through which people with neurodevelopmental disorders flourish, this PhD project aims at finding ways to connect the potential advantages of neurodiversity with the particularities of being an entrepreneur (e.g., uncertainty, autonomy, decision-making) – particularly when working in teams.
- The assessment of the applicants will be made by Associate Professor Carina Lomberg.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)