PhD Position with a scholarship to study Humidity Effects on Electronics at DTU Mechanical Engineering, Denmark (Higher studies opportunities for Chemistry, Electronics, Materials Science degree)
Deadline to Apply
Apr 27, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Electronics|
– Materials Science
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Mechanical Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not Specified|
- Two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Specialization should be in Materials Science and engineering or chemistry or related subjects such as corrosion science and engineering.
- Prior experience on corrosion of electronics or similar topics is an advantage.
- Combination of knowledge in electronics, materials, corrosion, and reliability is preferred.
User environment influence performance of electronic devices due to the corrosion caused by exposure to different climatic conditions and several inherent aspects related to parts such as Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA). It is important to replicate real application effects by accelerated testing, however this is a difficult task. The intended PhD project will focus on combination of aspects in connection with corrosion reliability and prevention strategy such as accelerated testing and risk/life time prediction, humidity effects modelling, conformal coating as a protection method etc. The idea is to understand how accelerated testing can be optimized for better capability for real application condition predictions and use of digital twin models, and work how to improve performance of conformal coating by understanding the failure mechanisms.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
- Research publications or other relevant documents
About the project
PhD in the area of “Humidity effects on electronics: test methods and prevention strategies”. Humidity effects on electronics is an important area today due to the wide spread use of electronics such as electrification of vehicles and use in connection with renewable energy system, therefore the PhD position provides opportunity to work in this exciting area in collaboration with major industries.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- Work will be in close collaboration with industries in Denmark and Abroad as part of the CreCon industrial consortium on corrosion reliability of electronics at DTU.
Professor Rajan Ambat
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Tel: +82-45 4525 2181
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 28th, 2021 (GMT+9)