PhD stipend is available with the provisional title “Biosynthesis of electrolytes in oleaginous yeasts for sustainable energy storage”, At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One|
|Research Area||– Biotechnology |
– Chemical Engineering
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Chemistry and Bioscience|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
The successful applicant must hold (or finish) a Master of Science degree (MSc) in Biotechnology or similar
We are looking for top motivated candidates, and some practical experience with the following will be an advantage:
- Experimental research within biotechnology and bioengineering
- Knowledge on fungal secondary metabolites
- Heterologous expression
Furthermore, we expect:
- Good collaboration skills, team spirit and the ability to work independently
- An excellent level of both spoken and written English to accommodate scientific communication and dissemination
In Section of Chemical Engineering a PhD stipend is available with the provisional title “Biosynthesis of electrolytes in oleaginous yeasts for sustainable energy storage”. The research project is funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation and is part of our endeavours to build a fungal battery for storing sustainable energy. Close collaboration with other partners will be an integrated part of the project.
As the title implies, the project concerns cloning and heterologous production of fungal electrolytes in oleaginous yeasts. This includes building molecular toolboxes, which will be used for cloning of the responsible genes and subsequent heterologous production.
How to Apply?
The application is only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About Department of Chemistry and Bioscience
The Department consists of five sections of which three are located in Aalborg with research and teaching in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Science, one in Copenhagen on Sustainable Biotechnology and one in Esbjerg on Chemical Engineering. Place of employment of the position is Section of Chemical Engineering in Esbjerg.
Allocation of SU-PhD Grants are according to the Ministerial Order on the State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme part 12, section II. This applies only to integrated PhD stipends. Appointment and salary as a PhD fellow are according to the Ministry of Finance Circular of November 10, 2015 on the Collective Agreement for Academics in Denmark, Appendix 5, regarding PhD fellows, and with the Ministry of Finance current circular on the employment structure at Danish Universities.
Associate Professor Jens Laurids Sørensen
Ms. Vigdis Skomager-Bohnfeledt
Phone: +45 9940 7408
PHD STIPEND/INTEGRATED PHD STIPEND IN BIOSYNTHESIS OF ELECTROLYTES IN OLEAGINOUS YEASTS FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY STORAGE (18-21016)
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)