Laboratory technician in the area of infection biomedicine is available at the Department of Biomedicine, Faculty of Health, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 28, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Laboratory technician Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biomedicine|
– Biology or biochemistry
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
|Workplace||Department of Biomedicine, |
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
Candidates should be reliable and well organized. The work requires independence and demands flexibility and accuracy. Furthermore, the candidate should have good interpersonal skills and be interested in working within an international team.
The ideal candidate should fulfil the following qualifications:
- A background within biomedicine, biology or biochemistry.
- Experience as a laboratory technician in a research lab
- Proven experience in molecular biology, cell culture or biochemistry work and techniques
- Candidates are familiar with digital platforms for collection, storage, and reporting of data
- Experience in histology, imaging and animal surgery will be considered as an advantage.
- Strong English and Danish communication skills, both oral and written, are expected
- Team player with a results and problem-solving oriented spirit
- Proactive, motivated and enthusiastic
- As laboratory technician, you will contribute to the laboratory by: participating in research projects focusing on immune responses to virus infections; In your daily work, you will work under the supervision of and in close collaboration with senior academic staff in the laboratory.
- You will be performing more qualified tasks that require relevant training and long-term experience. You will have independent responsibility for the organization of the assignments as well as independent responsibility for the quality assurance.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Cell culture techniques.
- Western blotting, quantitative PCR, and similar methods.
- Viral propagation and quantification (incl SARS-CoV-2).
- Assist on animal infection experiments
- Genotyping of material from transgenic mice
- Communication and reporting of laboratory results in a professional manner and in digital format
- Contribution to maintenance of the laboratory and equipment
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of education (a copy of the diplomas should be uploaded)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the recruitment system
About the project/department
The Department of Biomedicine at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University invites applications for a full-time position within the area of infection biomedicine, with focus on virus infections and immunity.
We offer a vibrant international research environment where English is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and at seminars. The Department employs some 450 people and covers a range of research areas within Biomedicine. We contribute to the Bachelor’s degree programs in medicine, molecular medicine, odontology and the Master’s degree programs in biomedical engineering and medical chemistry. Our infrastructure is well developed with modern laboratories, core and animal facilities. You will work either in the brand new ‘Skou Building’ or similar as we are in the process of modernizing our old facilities.
- We expect to conduct interviews in week 23 or 24
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
- We refer to the faculty’s Guideline for applicants.
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 29th, 2021 (GMT+9)