Lab manager within Mass spectrometry, kidney metabolism, at Department of Biomedicine, Faculty of Health, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 03, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Mass spectrometry|
– Kidney metabolism
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Biomedicine|
Faculty of Health
|Contract Period||Permanent position|
|Starting date||June 15, 2021|
You have a background within mass spectrometry. Experience with lab management will be considered an advantage. Experience with metabolomics analysis using Triple-Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry (i.e. Agilent 6495C) will be an advantage.
- As a person, you have good interpersonal skills, are friendly and helpful and able to contribute to a good work environment.
- We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
As Lab Manager, your primary tasks are to manage the lab and run mass spectrometry equipment. You contribute to the success of the lab through preparation of samples and analysing data independently. In your daily work, you have a close interaction with competent colleagues.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Lab management and ordering
- Sample preparation for mass spectrometry
- Research support within mass spectrometry, including independent operation of mass spectrometry equipment
- Independent analysis of samples, including bioinformatics analysis.
- Administrative responsibilities.
- Method development of metabolomics targeted assays.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of education (a copy of the diplomas should be uploaded)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the recruitment system
We refer to the faculty’s Guideline for applicants.
About Department of Biomedicine
We offer a vibrant international research environment where English is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and at seminars. The Department employs some 450 people and covers a range of research areas within Biomedicine. We contribute to the Bachelor’s degree programs in medicine, molecular medicine, odontology and the Master’s degree programs in biomedical engineering and medical chemistry. Our infrastructure is well developed with modern laboratories, core and animal facilities. You will work either in the brand new ‘Skou Building’ or similar as we are in the process of modernizing our old facilities. You can read more about the department here and about the faculty here.
- Terms of employment and pay are regulated by the collective agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the collective agreement in question.
- We expect to conduct interviews in week 23.
Tel.: (+45) 8715 0000.
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday June 4th, 2021 (GMT+9)