KIAS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematics, at School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), South Korea (Mathematics Jobs)
Deadline to Apply
May 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +9)
|Position||KIAS Fellow (Postdoctoral Fellowship)|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Salary||According to KIAS regulations|
|Workplace||School of Mathematics|
Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
85 Hoegi-ro Dongdaemun-gu
|Contract Period||5 Years |
(with the possibility of up to two additional years)
Those with or expected to receive their Doctoral degrees in the relevant majors by starting date at KIAS
- Those with or expected to receive their Doctoral degrees in the relevant majors by starting date at KIAS
- Those who are qualified under the “Korean State Public Officials Act” (Refer to the disqualifying factors listed in Article 33.)
- Those with no restrictions to international travel, and for Korean male citizens, those who have completed or have been exempted from compulsory military service.
- For Korean citizens, an opening for the alternative military service may be available. Eligible candidates are asked state their interest on the Standard Cover Sheet and Agreement for Access and Usage of Personal Information.
- Those who have contributed to their research field through remarkable research
- Those with the potential to bring the research area to world-leading level
- Those strongly committed to and capable of successfully conducting innovative research
- Those with the communication skills required for successful international coworking
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Related to research areas
How to Apply?
Click the Send Email button mentioned above
- Standard Cover Sheet and Agreement for Access and Usage of Personal Information (attached form)
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Research statement
- Reference letters from 5 referees
- Additional materials that may help assess the candidate’s academic capabilities
|Document screening||May 2021|
|Interview||May or June 2021|
Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) was founded in 1996 by Korean Government to promote research excellence in the basic sciences. KIAS provides its members with a highly interactive, supportive, and dynamic research-friendly environment. Currently, KIAS is comprised of approximately 20 regular faculty members and 80 plus postdoctoral research fellows at the School of Mathematics, the School of Physics, and the School of Computational Sciences.
The great success of modern science is largely attributed to the application of mathematics in the analysis of models arising from natural and social phenomena. The School of Mathematics supports scholarship in a broad range of mathematical sciences including both pure and applied mathematics such as algebra, number theory, geometry, topology, global analysis, mirror symmetry, partial differential equations, etc. The fundamental objective of the School is creating new mathematical knowledge and nurturing young mathematicians by exposing rising talents to the full spectrum of mathematical sciences. Because the most significant mathematical discoveries have often benefited from cross-fertilization of ideas from different mathematical fields, the School maintains research on diverse areas of mathematics.
- KIAS Fellows are provided with annual salary in accordance with KIAS regulations and covered by Korean national health insurance
- Accommodation may be supported upon request, depending on the availability of vacancies
- All documents should be submitted by deadline, and if any of a certain applicant’s required documents is missing or incomplete, the applicant’s materials may not be evaluated.
- If the information provided by the application materials is found to be untrue or false, the job offer will be withdrawn
- The work level and annual salary of successful candidates will comply with KIAS personnel regulations and guidelines
- No candidates may be hired if all applicants are found to be unsuitable during the screening stage
- Applicants will take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from false information, omissions and errors in application materials, omission of required documents and so forth
- Applicants can request the return of application materials within the period of three months after the final announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of “Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act” of Korean Government.
- Applicants’ list of submitted required documents will be updated on the relevant job announcement (https://jobs.kias.re.kr) at 11:59 AM (GMT+9) on April 27 and April 29, 2021.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Saturday May 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)