Associate Professor in Science and Technology Studies (STS) is available at the DTU Management, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Associate Professor Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Science and Technology Studies|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||Not Specified|
|Starting date||Not Specified|
- PhD degree (or equivalent) within Science and Technology Studies or similar, as well as have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogical training
- You should have experience with research and teaching relevant to the issue of responsibility in technology and innovation.
- Your application must demonstrate an ability to conduct excellent research and publish in top journals.
- We value high quality research over quantity. It is an advantage if you have successfully applied for competitive funding and if you can demonstrate interdisciplinary experience with research and teaching. You must describe a compelling future research agenda in your research statement: Why is your future research important and how will you achieve impact in your research field and beyond?
In addition, you should possess the following competences:
- Enjoy working with complex topics in an interdisciplinary environment
- Be motivated by both individual and team accomplishments
- Excellent communication skills and a focus on process as well as outcome
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry, if relevant
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- Your responsibility to conduct research, supervision and teaching with relevance to the general theme of responsible technology.
- The group is working across a number of technological domains with a focus on communication and values.
- We aim to become a leading research environment for the study of responsible technology, focused on themes such as public engagement, legitimacy, ethics, co-creation, responsible innovation and science and democracy. You will be expected to develop a research portfolio which aligns with this.
- You will be engaged in high-end publications, grant procurement and experimental outreach in collaboration with other team members.
- You will also be responsible for and participate in research-based teaching and supervision with associated examination commitments at bachelor, master and PhD levels.
- We are focused on developing student centred learning that allows students to experiment with questions of ethics, values, communication and responsibility in an engaged way.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About Research project
The group collaborates across DTU’s many excellent departments (for instance DTU Wind and DTU Compute), and we are eager to extend and deepen these collaborations. We also seek to involve external partners in our research and teaching and to develop a portfolio of integrative and collaborative research. We contribute to outreach and public debate and expect you to be actively engaged in research communication to relevant stakeholders and wider publics.
We value a collective, generous, playful and supportive work environment and we expect you to contribute to this. We will make sure you can develop your own talents and career, just as we expect you to do the same for students and junior faculty.
For international candidates, DTU can provide Danish language courses enabling the candidates to teach in Danish within 3 years.
About the Department
The group is a key player in DTU’s strategic aim to foster ‘technology for people’, i.e. to put human needs and aspirations at the centre of technological development. It is focused on the processes through which technologies are developed and implemented in a socially sustainable and responsible manner. The group is in the process of establishment and our new associate professor will be part of shaping the future trajectory of research and teaching.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU–Moving to Denmark.
- All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Professor Maja Horst
Tel.: +45 2028 6866.
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday May 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)