Jobs for Wind Turbines, Wind energy, Offshore technology – Tenure Track Researcher in Structural Integrity of Floating Wind Turbines, at DTU Wind Energy, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 07, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Researcher|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Wind Energy|
– Offshore technology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Wind Energy|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
A PhD in Wind Energy, offshore technology, civil engineering or similar discipline is required, with minimum 2-years research experience post PhD, showcasing several authored scientific publications relevant to this position
Expertise in data science as applied to offshore wind energy is an added advantage. The candidate must have a willingness to develop research proposals and collaborate with experts in the area. A strong documented background is required in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Design of offshore wind turbine structures
- Probabilistic methods in design
- Structural Reliability
- Applied data science
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required to effectively communicate research findings, as well as a good knowledge of technical English writing. The candidate will need to work as a part of an externally funded project consortium that includes major wind energy industries and research institutions
Responsibilities/ Job Description
This position requires the candidate to research methods for the reliable design of large floating wind turbines, assess the remaining life of floating wind turbines in a wind farm, predict maintenance needs and reduce the uncertainties in mechanical loads on different wind turbine components in a wind farm scenario. This can involve design iterations between the structural response of the floating wind turbine and station-keeping to assess different limit states important for ensuring reliability. The candidate is expected to work with wind turbine aeroelastic simulation software, analyze measurement data and understand the design needs of floating wind turbines and wind farms, so as to enable the cost effective development of the next generation large floating offshore wind farms.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About Tenure Track program
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Senior Researcher position. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
About DTU Wind Energy
DTU Wind Energy is the world’s largest public research institute for wind energy and is internationally recognised as a globally leading department. The department counts 240 staff members with a strong portfolio of national and international research and innovation projects.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Head of Section, Anand Natarajan
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 8th, 2021 (GMT+9)