Jobs for Geology – Postdoctoral fellowship in geodynamics, at Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 16, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +2)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Geodynamics|
|Salary||DKK 437.843 / Year|
|Workplace||Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management (IGN)|
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||30 Months|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
PhD in geology/geosciences defended within the past 4 years at the deadline of the present announcement. The 4 years can be extended by the length of any documented maternity, parental, sick or nursing leave, military service, humanitarian aid work, etc. completed during such period. In case of maternity leave, the PhD age can be extended by the number of documented months taken in leave, multiplied by 2.
- Demonstrated experience in performing scientific research at the interface between geodynamics and tectonic geodesy.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and processing GPS time series.
- Demonstrated experience in using and customizing numerical models of plate dynamics.
- Ability to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a team.
- A record of publication in peer-reviewed journals as first author.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The postdoctoral fellow will work in collaboration with other project-team members, and will be tasked with, among others, (1) analyses of GPS time series aimed at inferring plate motions, (2) performing numerical models of plate dynamics, (3) assimilating other tectonic/seismic data into these models, (4) inference and synthesis of scientific results. The position will involve a few short-term travels to Chile.
The duties of the postdoctoral fellow will include research within plate kinematics and dynamics, and possibly a contribution to teaching. The post may also include performance of other academic duties.
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW above
- Curriculum vitae.
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent).
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans.
- Complete publication list.
- Separate reprints of up to 3 particularly relevant papers.
Interviews will be held on line via the video-conference platform Zoom.
Terms of employment
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 437.843 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 74.871). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
Terms of employment
Associate Professor Giampiero Iaffaldano
Postdoctoral position in geodynamics, Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 17th, 2021 (GMT+9)