Jobs for Chemistry, Physics – Postdoc position in Atomic Scale Simulations of Solid-Liquid Interfaces, in the Section for Atomic Scale Materials Modelling at DTU Energy, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 16, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Physics|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Atomic Scale Materials Modelling|
Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent in physics, chemistry, or related fields.
You must have a strong background in atomic scale simulations, and you are expected to have performed original scientific research within the area. Experience with density functional theory (DFT), molecular dynamics simulations, or machine learning is an advantage. Flexibility and self-motivation are desired skills at DTU.
In addition, we expect you to be interested in collaboration and take personal responsibility for your work. Furthermore,
- You are driven by pushing boundaries
- You enjoy working with complex topics
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The successful applicant will use DFT and ab initio molecular dynamics simulations in combination with machine learning approaches to understand key properties of the liquid electrolyte that affect activity and selectivity for the electrochemical reduction of oxygen in fuel cells and metal air batteries. The project will be linked to other ongoing computational projects in the section working on electrocatalyst design and materials modelling.
- Your research could include the development of accelerated computational approaches to sample reactions at solid-liquid interfaces
- Your research could include development of algorithms or protocols to predict the behaviour for carbon dioxide reduction catalysts under operating conditions
- You will be responsible for the daily progress of your research project
- You will disseminate your work in international peer reviewed journals and at professional conferences.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- At least two references
About Department of Energy Conversion and Storage
The Department of Energy Conversion and Storage is focusing on functional materials and their application in sustainable energy technology. Our research areas include fuel cells, electrolysis, polymer solar cells, magnetic refrigeration, superconductivity, thermoelectrics, sustainable synthetic fuels, and batteries. The Department, which has more than 200 employees, was founded in 2012.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Associate Professor Heine A. Hansen
Please do not send applications to this e-mail address, instead apply online as described above
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 17th, 2021 (GMT+9)