2 Senior Researcher and 2 Postdoc Positions in Aberration-corrected TEM for Advanced Materials, TEM analysis, for graduates (major in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering), at Institute for Basic Science, Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials (IBS CMCM), South Korea
Deadline to Apply
May 26, 2021 (18: 00 GMT +9)
|Position||– Senior Researcher |
– Postdoctoral Research Associate
|No. of Position(s)||4 (2+2)|
|Research Area||– Aberration-corrected TEM for Advanced Materials|
– TEM analysis
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials|
Institute for Basic Science (IBS)
|Contract Period||Senior Researcher – 5 Years|
Postdoctoral Research Associate – 3 Years
|Starting date||Aug 1, 2021|
|Position||Area No.||No. of Openings|
|Postdoctoral Research Associate||①||2|
– Aberration-corrected TEM for Advanced Materials
– in situ TEM
– TEM analysis
(Characterization group led by Group Leader LEE Zonghoon)
Doctoral degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related majors
Note: For Postdoctoral Research Associate position, Doctoral degree (obtained within 5 years or to be obtained within 3 months from the appointment start date)
Experience in aberration-corrected TEM for 2D materials, nanomaterials, and carbon materials; experience in in situ TEM; experience in HRTEM, HRSTEM, EELS, EDS, DF imaging, diffraction, deep learning and simulation is highly desired
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Related to research areas
How to Apply?
- For full consideration, applicants should email the required documents mentioned below (items 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) to email@example.com
- Please state [“Area No.”] “Your Name” on the application e-mail title. e.g.) if you are applying for senior researcher position: [②] Peter Parker
(2) List of Publications
(3) Research Plan (free form, within 1 page)
(4) Consent form for providing personal information (form attached below)
※All needs to be written in English
(5) Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefit, if applicable
About Selection method
|Document Screening||Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.|
|Interview Screening||Expertise in the recruitment area, presentation skills, attitude, development potential, etc.|
(Be individually informed for applicants who pass document screening)
- ※ The employment contract will be maintained until the abolition of the Center, if the Center is determined to be abolished during the contract period.
- Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and all identification details from candidate’s resume and applications.
- Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- If selected candidates are disqualified through a background check or a recruitment-related physical examination, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- If selected candidates are found dismissed according to the Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment and Management of the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the appointment will be withdrawn.
- Submitted documents may be returned when such requests are made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results according to the Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during screening stages.
- If hired, the work level, annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
Responsible staff IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
Tel.: +82 052-217-5756; fax: 052-217-5759; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-04 Recruitment Announcement for Researcher Positions at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
Post expires at 6:00pm on Wednesday May 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)