Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professors in Cyber-Physical Systems with an emphasis on emerging technologies in the interdisciplinary field between Computer Science and Bio-engineering, At the Section for Embedded Systems Engineering (ESE) at DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Computer Science|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Embedded Systems Engineering (ESE)|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Your focus will be to strengthen our research and education within embedded computer systems, covering both hardware architectures and the embedded software stack. You are eager to conduct research in the intersection of computer systems and bioengineering, with an open and holistic mindset. Your profile will help us strengthen our capabilities in teaching, research, and innovation within the areas of Cyber-Physical Systems in the IoT era, where the current trend is to extend migrate more of the data processing from the cloud to the edge and sensor nodes, in order to obtain sustainable and secure real-time analytics. You will get an active role in forming a department-wide strategy Cyber-Physical Systems, including the development of a lab for prototyping of Cyber-Physical Systems related to teaching.
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
About Tenure Track program
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Associate Professorship
About DTU Compute
DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and innovation of high international standard—producing new knowledge and technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Deputy Head of Department, Head of Section Professor Jan Madsen
Tel.: +45 4525 3751.
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)