Postdoc Position in Oligosaccharide Synthesis and Glycoimmuno-oncology is available at DTU Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Jun 08, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemistry|
– Organic Chemistry
|Salary||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021 or ASAP|
Candidates should have a PhD degree in chemistry with a strong theoretical and experimental background in organic chemistry.
- An interest in chemical biology and a desire to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- A documented track record in the chemical synthesis of complex oligosaccharide.
- A strong commitment to research.
- Enthusiasm for working with research students.
- Independence and good communication skills.
Applicants should have a thorough interest in oligosaccharide synthesis and carbohydrate chemistry. Exposure to glycoimmunology from previous positions is an advantage, but not a requirement. The position offers an opportunity to work with an international, dynamic and multi-disciplinary project.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The main responsibility is to design and execute synthetic routes to complex glycans. You will work in a team with a senior postdoc and a PhD student and collaborate with experts in carbohydrate chemistry, cell biology, immunology and animal models. You are expected to work independently and coordinate your research with the other team members. Undergraduate research projects will be integrated in the project and you are expected to interact with and co-supervise those projects. Additionally, some teaching responsibilities can be expected, mainly involving laboratory courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- CV, including a list of publications and contact information for at least two references
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About Research project
The research project is within glycoimmunooncology and involves the chemical synthesis of complex glycans found on human cell surfaces, as well as their formulation and biological investigation. The research project relies heavily on the ability to prepare large amounts of complex oligosaccharides and their corresponding glycolipid conjugates – and this will be the main responsibility of the postdoctoral candidate.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Relevance of background experience.
- Passion for research and scientific discoveries
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and good communication skills.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- The position is based at DTU, but periods of research visits to partners can be expected.
Prof. Mads H. Clausen,
Tel.: +45 4525 2131,
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 9th, 2021 (GMT+9)