Research Assistant to ground-breaking microbial strain engineering in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering is available in DTU Biosustain, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One|
|Research Area||– Biology|
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
- A Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or equivalent
- Experience in some or several of the following: PCRs, plasmid construction, bacterial transformation, DNA extraction, microbial culturing, NGS
- Experience in optimizing and following complicated protocols and SOPs
- Experience in and motivation for reporting results in digital format i.e., electronic lab Notebook and LIMS.
As Research Assistant in our DNA Foundry team your mission is to contribute to the development of a new strain engineering platform that facilitates strain construction to validation. You can look forward to be working with the latest technologies and equipment and collaborate with top class scientists from all over the world. You will assist within:
- Optimizing molecular biology SOPs like plasmid construction, PCRs, DNA assembly, transformation, genome editing and NGS
- Operating various foundry equipment like colony pickers, liquid handlers, NGS and Nanopore
- Preparing reagents and materials including media and buffers
- Ordering reagents and lab wares and maintenance of related inventory
- Communicate results and process deviations
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc)
- If relevant list of publications
About the Project
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain)
Recent progress in our ability to read and write genomic code, combined with advances in automation, analytics and data science, has fundamentally changed the scope and ambition of harnessing the potential of biological systems. Big data approaches and analysis of biological systems are key research instruments at the Center. DTU Biosustain utilizes these advances for microbial cell factory design to foster sustainable lifestyles in relation to three application areas: Sustainable Chemicals, Natural Products, and Microbial Foods.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Scientific Coordinator and Group Leader
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)