Postdoc Position in analytical natural product chemistry is available at the DTU Bioengineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Analytical Chemistry|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Bioengineering, |
Technical University of Denmark,
|Contract Period||27 months|
|Starting date||Jul 01, 2021|
A qualified candidate has/is:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in relevant field
- A strong background and solid research experience in analytical chemistry or natural product chemistry
- Solid hands-on experience in LC-MS and NMR
- Highly motivated by the potential of microbial natural products
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent track-record of scientific achievements (publications, patents, awards, grants, conference presentations, etc.)
- Innovation mind-set
- Ambitious, hard working, and dedicated
- Team player with a desire to help his/her colleagues succeed
- We expect you to fit into a group that is motivated by the potential of our research to have a real impact on the world, especially in agriculture, have an innovative and applied mind set, and strive for an environmental that is open, collaborative and ambitious.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Development of separation methods to characterize the microbial secondary metabolites
- Development of analytical methods for qualification and quantification of bioactive small molecules, using HPLC-HRMS and GC-MS
- Compound identification using software and databases, such as MSDial, MZmine, AntiBase and web-based MS-MS databases
- Statistical analysis of metabolomic profiles and development of an automation workflow of compound identification
- Investigation of the mode of action for antifungal components
- Participating in antifungal assays, specific chemical assay, high-throughput screening, and strain fermentation
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Two reference letters
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 17 May 2021 (Danish time) – but please submit early as we will start a preliminary review and interview process.
About Research project
The postdoc position is part of the Smarter AgroBiological Screening (SABS) project, which will develop new biological antifungal agents for crop protection, to enable reduction of chemical fungicide usage. The project is an industry-university collaboration involving a large team at DTU bioengineering, to build-up a set of high-throughput automated assays to screen DTU’s collection of microorganisms and advance the most promising strains towards in-planta testing. Artificial intelligence methodologies will be used to find predictive patterns in the collected data and enable most effective selection and optimization process.
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Associate professor Ling Ding
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday May 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)