PhD position with stipends in Computer Science: Machine Learning and Data Mining is available at the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, Denmark (Computer Science PhD Programs)
Deadline to Apply
May 26, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One or more|
|Research Area||– Computer Science|
– Machine Learning
– Information Technology
|Scholarship||“According to standard norms”|
|Workplace||Department of Computer Science,|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
- For regular PhD stipends, the candidate must hold a M.Sc. in computer science or a related field with excellent grades; for integrated 4+4 PhD stipends, the candidate must be enrolled in a relevant Master’s programme at Aalborg University, such as computer science, software, and IT.
- demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
- excellent communication skills in English, oral as well as written
- good technical and programming skills
- excellent scientific background and publication record, e.g., demostrated by publications in CORE A*/A vennues
- demonstrated experience with machine learning algorithms, e.g., on sequences, graphs, and sptio-temporal data.
- perform excellent scientific research
- develop research prototypes and conduct experiments
- publish in leading international conferences and journals
- participate in activities of the group and the department
The PhD stipends are funded by projects that cover different research topics.
– Automated machine learning
– Machine learning with less or no lablled data
– Explainable machine learning
– Machine learning on sequences (e.g., time series, natural languages), graphs (e.g., road networks, molecular graphs), and spatio-temporal data (e.g., vehicle trajectories)
How to Apply?
The application is only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button mentioned above.
The following documents must be enclosed in the application:
• Motivated application
• Diploma (MSc). For applicants for an integrated PhD stipend BSc diploma and grade transcripts from the Master’s programme
• Project description
• A list of outstanding ECTS points in the Master’s programme (can be attached in the boxes for references or publications) – only relevant for applicants for an integrated PhD stipend.
The following documents are optional:
• List of publications
About the department
The Department of Computer Science features a broad range of synergistic activities within research and education in the general area of computer science, including curiosity-driven research and targeted research in collaboration with industrial partners, as well as traditional university education, with a unique problem- and project-based focus, and continued education and knowledge dissemination.
About Integrated PhD
Integrated PhD stipends are allocated to individuals who have not yet completed a Master’s degree and who wish to begin a PhD study in connection with a Master study. Thus, a prerequisite for acceptance is that the candidate is enrolled in a relevant Master’s programme at Aalborg University, such as computer science, software, and IT.
An Integrated stipend consists of two parts: A and B. During part A, candidates are enrolled simultaneously in the Master’s programme and in the PhD programme. The stipend consists of two SU-PhD Grants per month (SU: The Danish students’ Grants and Loans Scheme). One SU-PhD grant equals DKK 6.321 (2021 level). SU-PhD Grants are paid for a maximum of two years. When the Master’s degree has been obtained, candidates will be employed as a PhD fellow for two years according to the present collective agreement. Part B has a maximum duration of two years.
- Based on whether successful applicants already hold a master degree, they will either receive a regular PhD stipend (3 years) or an Integrated PhD stipend (4 years).
- For further information, please contact Professor Bin Yang, email@example.com.
- Integrated PhD stipends are open for appointment from 1 September 2021.
Ms. Sofie Pia Jensen,
The Technical Faculty of IT and Design,
Tel: +45 9940 3478
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 27th, 2021 (GMT+9)