CMC invites applicants interested in resolve mathematical challenges and present emerging strategies in new fields (All mathematical research areas) for CMC Fellow positions at KIAS, South Korea (Mathematics Job)
Deadline to Apply
Jun 1, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +9)
|Position||CMC Fellow |
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||All mathematical research areas|
|Workplace||Center for Mathematical Challenges|
Korea Institute for Advanced Study
85 Hoegi-ro Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Not Mentioned|
- Those with or expected to receive their Doctoral degrees in the relevant majors (mathematics phd) by starting date at KIAS
- Those who have contributed to their research field through remarkable research
- Those with the potential to solve the mathematical challenges in the given research field
- Applicants should have demonstrated an outstanding record of research.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Research work related to the mission of CMC.
How to Apply?
Email submission (please click the above link to send email)
- Standard Cover Sheet and Agreement for Access and Usage of Personal Information
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Research statement
- A document explaining how the applicant’s research fulfills CMC’s mission to solve the greatest unsolved math problems (no longer than 1 A4-sized page)
- arrange for three letters of recommendation to be emailed directly to Ms. Sojung Bae [email@example.com] by June 1, 2021 (23:59, GMT +9) for full consideration
- To avoid the conflict of interest, KIAS professors cannot serve as referees.
- All documents should be prepared in English, and KIAS Professors should not be included among the referees.
- All documents should be submitted by deadline, and if any of a certain applicant’s required documents is missing or incomplete, the applicant’s materials may not be evaluated.
- Only the documents listed above will be considered in the evaluation process.
- Applicants’ list of submitted required documents will be updated on the relevant job announcement (https://jobs.kias.re.kr) at 11:59 AM (GMT+9) on May 26 and May 28, 2021.
The Center for Mathematical Challenges (CMC) was established by the Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS) to resolve mathematical challenges and present emerging strategies in new fields. The CMC also seeks to serve as a global hub in solving mathematical problems and in satisfying the intellectual curiosity of young and adventurous mathematicians around the world.
The CMC aspires to attain international leadership by focusing on well-known mathematical challenges and creating synergy as a national brand for South Korea. It will contribute to the enhancement of national competitiveness in basic science and technology, which will ultimately result in a positive impact on humanity.
- Document screening: Demonstration of expertise in the relevant research fields, research potential, etc.
- Interview: Suitability with the field of research, excellence in research performance, reference documents, etc.
- The initial appointment is for two years, with the possibility of a one time renewal of up to three additional years. Each period of appointment may be adjusted according to conditions of the CMC project.
- The annual salary will be decided within the range of 60,000,000 Korean won (currency exchange rate) and 70,000,000 Korean won depending on project funding. An individual research grant of 15,000,000 Korean Won and a welfare card will be available each year.
- There are no teaching duties.
- Qualifications: □ Qualified under “State Public Officials Act” of Korean Government. (Disqualifying factors are listed in Article 33.) □ Those with no restrictions to international travel, and for Korean male citizens, those who have completed or have been exempted from compulsory military service.
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Post expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)