Associate Professor whose work will complement and extend the existing expertise within the Culture and Consumption Research Group, in the Department of Culture and Learning, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 23, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Tourism consumption|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Culture and Learning|
|Contract Period||Permanent position|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
In relation to research, applicants should document:
- experience, skills or achievements which demonstrate the ability to produce high quality research outputs and publish in international journals
- a personal research and publication plan which is consistent with the strategy of the Department of Culture and Learning, and shows the applicant’s plans for developing new research projects and outputs
- experience, skills or achievements which demonstrate participation in, and the ability to further develop, external and/ or international networks and collaborations
- experience, skills or achievements which demonstrate the ability to engage in activities with stakeholders outside academia to enhance the impact of research
- external research funding and/ or participation in externally funded research projects
In relation to teaching, applicants should document:
- experience, skills or achievements which demonstrate the ability to deliver high quality teaching, using a range of pedagogical approaches including problem-based learning, project supervision, group work, interactive seminars and lectures
- their ability to teach and assess written and oral presentations in English
- At Aalborg University our learning approach is problem-based learning (PBL). Documented experience with this learning approach is therefore desirable, but is not a prerequisite
In relation to general competences, applicants should also:
- document experience, skills or achievements which demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, participate fully in the day-to-day activities of the Department and Research Group, and encourage a positive and collegial working environment
- demonstrate good communication skills
In terms of personal qualities, the applicant is expected to have solid cooperative abilities, and the ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with researchers of various research and cultural backgrounds.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The ideal candidate will teach primarily on the Culture, Consumption and Globalisation MA and Tourism MA and degree programmes at the Aalborg Campus. The ideal candidate will be required to teach and supervise in English.
The ideal candidate will have a research profile within the area of tourism consumption and/ or tourism experiences, and will also be able to deliver teaching in the area of consumption studies more generally. We welcome candidates whose research addresses issues related to digital technologies and/ or sustainable tourism.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality teaching, project supervision, and associated examination, as required across the range of modules offered on the Culture, Consumption and Globalisation MA and Tourism MA and degree programmes
- Conduct research and publish research outputs of an internationally recognized quality in the areas of tourism consumption and/ or tourist experiences
- Participate in external research networks and collaborations
- Engage with external stakeholders to enhance the cultural, social, environmental and/ or economic impacts of their research and/ or teaching
- Contribute in a positive and constructive manner to the day-to-day activities and working environment of the Department of Culture and Learning and the Culture and Consumption Research Group.
How to Apply?
Your application including attachments must be sent electronically by clicking the “Apply online” link above. The application must be written in English.
- Your CV
- A complete publication list specifying publication types (monographs, co-authored publications, journals, etc.). All attached publications to be taken into consideration in connection with the assessment must be clearly indicated in the list. No more than ten publications may be attached.
- In case you attach joint publications, a co-author statement must be enclosed specifying your contribution to the joint work. The co-author statement must be signed by at least one of the co-authors Template co-author declaration
- Documentation of your teaching qualifications Guidance Teaching portfolio
- Copies of your degree certificates (including Master’s and PhD certificates)
Employment will be in accordance with the stipulations of the Danish Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (The Appointment Order), and the Danish Ministry of Finance’s current circular on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and remuneration will be in accordance with the collective agreements for academics employed by the Danish state.
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 24th, 2021 (GMT+9)