2 Associate professor positions in Science and Technology Studies with a focus on climate & digitalisation, and critical data studies, in the Business IT Department at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Aug 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Science and Technology Studies|
– Climate & digitalization
– Critical data studies
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Business IT Department|
IT University of Copenhagen
|Starting date||Jan 01, 2022|
Candidates should have a well-established pipeline of research in relation to anthropological approaches to climate change, sustainability and green energy, or interdisciplinary research on computational, situated, and reflexive methods. The candidates are expected to conduct research and research-based teaching in two or more of the following areas:
- STS approaches to climate and digitalization: Preference is given to applicants with a focus on ethnographic approaches to energy and data infrastructures, and the digital anthropocene.
- Anthropological approaches to climate change with a focus on green energy transitions
- Sustainable digitalization, with a focus on the environmental impacts of digitalization, and the social sustainability of digital infrastructures
- Qualitative inquiry with digital/computational methods
- Critical data studies: Preference is given to applicants with a focus on reflexive and/or situated approaches to data and datafication.
- Feminist methods and approaches to science and technology, with a focus on embodiment, new materialisms and feminist technoscience
- Research publications at a high international level in well-respected peer reviewed venues
- Ability to attract external research funding
- Competences in developing and conducting undergraduate and/or graduate teaching that is well received by students
- Contribution to the goals of institutions in which they have worked, for example participation in committees, etc.
- Experience with supervision of students at undergraduate and/or graduate level, and curriculum development
- Ability and willingness to supervise PhD students
- Ability to read/speak a Scandinavian language or the willingness to learn Danish
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The IT University is looking to strengthen its research and teaching within two core areas (i) climate & digitalisation and the digital anthropocene and (ii) critical data studies and feminist approaches to science and technology.
The new associate professor(s) will conduct interdisciplinary research with a combination of qualitative (ethnographic and digital) methods focusing onthe STS of climate & digitalisation or critical, feminist approaches to data, science, and technology. Moreover, the new associate professor(s) should conduct excellent research-based teaching in the areas mentioned above. The teaching will be within the bachelor and master programs offered by the Business IT department, wherein most courses are held in English. The position will be based on a permanent contract (tenured position).
How to Apply?
You can only apply for this position by pressing the button “Apply Online” mentioned above
The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivated application, including a cogent argument for how qualified you are for the position and brief statements of research and teaching plans
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment, and academic background
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificates etc.)
- Copies of max. 5 different publications you wish the evaluation committee to consider
- A numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Documentation of pedagogical experience and teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
- Preferably documentation of both a) received observation and feedback on teaching, b) pedagogical training courses as a teacher, c) a formal written assessment of teaching competence and d) a teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
Working at the IT University
Located in modern architecture at the intersection of the new Ørestad and the old Amager, a 6-minute metro ride from the center of Copenhagen, the IT University offers an informal working environment, a varied everyday life, and a highly motivated, ambitious, competent and diverse international faculty, with PhD degrees from 15 different countries. The IT University is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself in actively and successfully pursuing an improved gender balance among students and among faculty. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
Baki Cakici, Head of Study Programme for Digital Innovation & Management
Phone: +45 7218 5186
Lene Pries-Heje, Head of Department for Business IT
Phone: +45 3026 0336
Associate professorship(s) in Science and Technology Studies with a focus on climate & digitalisation, and critical data studies
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday August 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)