Few Associate Professor or Assistant Professor positions are available in innovation and product development at the section for Innovation and Design Engineering, Department of Technology and Innovation, University of Southern Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 23, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Associate Professor or Assistant Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||Few|
|Research Area||– Innovation Development|
– Product Development
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Innovation and Design Engineering|
Department of Technology and Innovation
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||Assistant Professor – 3 Years|
Associate Professor – Permanent
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- A PhD degree in innovation or product development (or adjacent field), preferably with a technology/engineering focus.
- Documented experience with research dissemination in international scientific journals and conferences
- Team-working skills in addition to self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Participation in Danish courses for non-Danish speaking applicants is expected for permanent positions
The successful candidate should have a proven knowledge of innovation and product development, whilst an understanding of industrial processes as well as design and innovation in a corporate setting will be considered a strong merit. Further experience in communicating and teaching aforementioned skills will likewise be seen as meritorious.
The successful candidate should preferably have a proven capability and experience with participation in larger research projects and as collaborating with existing faculty groups as well as with industry on joint national and international research projects. In the case of assistant professors, experience participating in externally funded research projects is expected, whereas one on the level of associate professor should have experience in independently applying for and attracting external funding.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The applicant should have proven research record and experience in one or more of the following fields, in order to be able to contribute to the development of one of the three key research areas in the section:
–Circular economy, product system innovation, and environmental sustainability i.e. assessment of product service systems or value chains
– Consumer testing and product development in fast-moving consumer goods (e.g., food, beverages and personal care products)
–Digital innovation, AI in innovation and product development, and critical studies of algorithmic logics
The position involves participation in teaching activities, including teaching courses and supervising student projects in the B. Eng. programme in Integrated Design and in the M.Sc. Eng. Programme in Product Development and Innovation. Also, the candidate will be involved in various teaching and research related activities.
Applicants must choose at which level they wish to be assessed (assistant OR associate), may not choose both, and applications that do not indicate a choice may be disregarded entirely.
The assistant professorship is a 3-year temporary position with obligations in research and teaching, and requires completion of the Danish University Teaching Education certificate as part of the position. Contingent on successful completion of a lecturer training programme and a positive performance evaluation, a permanent position for associate professor may be opened, for which the assistant professor can apply.
The associate professorship is a permanent position with obligation to research and teaching. Applicants for the associate professorship are required to possess research qualifications at level equivalent to what is achieved by a satisfactorily completed period of employment as assistant professor. Also, applicants are required to have received supervision and pedagogical upgrading and to have obtained a positive assessment of his or her teaching qualifications.
How to Apply?
To Apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above. The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
- Application with a research plan for the next 3 years
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (Master’s degree certificate and PhD degree)
- Teaching portfolio, which details the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills and teaching philosophy. Please attach as Teaching Portfolio
- Research portfolio, which details the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work which demonstrates a willingness to aim for the most recognized academic outlets internationally
- Complete list of publications, indicating which publications are most relevant for the position
- Up to 10 of the most relevant publications. Please upload a pdf for each publication, if the publication has been co-authored, co-author statements must be a part of this pdf
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Documentation of other qualifications with relevance to the position
- Contact information for up to three referees and any letters of reference
All attachments must be numbered and marked with the applicant’s name.
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty. As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, an interview may be applied. Candidates are expected to indicate whether applications should be assessed for the assistant or the associate professor level, and applications failing to do this may be disregarded.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Head of Section, Professor Alf Rehn
Head of Programme, Associate Professor Lykke Margot Ricard
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 24th, 2021 (GMT+9)