Associate Professor in sport and social science is available at the Department of Public Health, Faculty of Health, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Associate Professor Position|
|No. of Position(s)||One or more|
|Research Area||– Sports Psychology|
– Social Science
|Workplace||Department of Public Health,|
Faculty of Health, Aarhus University, Denmark
|Contract Period||Not Specified|
|Starting date||Feb 01, 2022 or ASAP|
- You have teaching and course management experience at bachelors and/or masters level in sport psychology, sport sociology, sport history or closely related areas. You have established yourself as a prominent researcher in sport and social science/sport and the humanities, and candidates from areas like sport science, psychology, history, political science, sociology and philosophy are encouraged to apply. You possess documented solid research and teaching qualifications at a high international level. You have broad international cooperative partnerships and experience of research partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders, and you have potential to become a successful group leader. At the same time, with respect to your area of research, you have experience in attracting significant competitive research funding from national and international funding bodies.
- As a person, you are dedicated and possess excellent communication skills. You are able to build relationships based on trust with students, colleagues and partners. As a lecturer, you communicate up-to-date and relevant knowledge in a committed, clear and comprehensible manner. As a supervisor, you are competent, inspiring and supportive.
- You are ready to take co-responsibility for the development of the department’s research and education at the highest international level and for ensuring that we maintain a good work environment. You see the pronounced professional diversity of the department as a strength and you involve yourself in collaboration at departmental, faculty and university level as well as nationally and internationally.
- We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English. International applicants are expected to learn Danish, and Aarhus University arranges Danish teaching.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
As associate professor in sport sciences, you will contribute to the department’s research and teaching environment and to the faculty’s overall research strategy. You will contribute to the development of the department both independently and in collaboration with others via your research of high international quality. You ensure that your teaching maintains high academic and didactic standards. You possess excellent collaborative skills and a broad academic network, which you are able to activate in your contribution to the academic development of Aarhus University and its profile both nationally and internationally.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Research of high international quality, including publication in top international journals and books and in communicating your research in national and international academic networks
- Teaching and supervision of Bachelor and Master Degree students and contribution to the development of new teaching activities
- Attracting external research funding to support your activities
- Supervision of PhD students and contributing to the development of the faculty’s PhD courses
- Involvement in assessment and committee work at Aarhus University
- Dissemination of your research to the outside world
- Development of international networks and collaborations in teaching and research.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- The five publications stated as the most important in the ‘Template for applicant – associate professor’ must be submitted
- Template for applicant – associate professor must be completed and uploaded under ‘Extra documents’
- Strategic research plan, which is part of the ‘Template to applicant – associate professor’ can be uploaded separately
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system
About the Department
As an associate professor at the Department of Public Health, you will be part of an ambitious and internationally recognised department, where we work to promote public health through research into areas that can prevent, treat and alleviate disease and increase quality of life. We are involved in broad collaborations both nationally and internationally. We share our knowledge with citizens, decision-makers, business and industry, practitioners and other researchers. The department either contributes to or is responsible for teaching in medicine, public health science, sport science, optometry and nursing. At the Department of Public Health, you will have approx. 200 colleagues, including ninety academic staff members and a corresponding number of PhD students. We work closely with one another across different fields and prioritise a healthy work environment. The general tone among colleagues is informal.
- Start package: Depending on qualifications and needs, support can be provide for the establishment of your research at the department.
- You will report to the Head of Department Ole Bækgaard Nielsen.
- We expect to conduct interviews in week 47, i.e. the week beginning 22 November 2021.
Head of Department Ole Bækgaard Nielsen
Tel.: (+45) 60202674
Head of Section Ask Vest Christiansen
Tel. (+45) 27782833
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday June 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)