Food Science – Associate Professor in the area of “Dairy Technology” , in the Department of Food Science, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 09, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +2)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Food Science|
– Dairy Technology
|Salary||DKK 481.303 / Year|
|Workplace||Department of Food Science|
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||Not specified|
|Starting date||Jan 01, 2022|
We seek a candidate within the area of Dairy Technology to perform excellent research within this area and to develop synergies between researchers within Department of Food Science as well as between other departments. The successful candidate has an independent research profile and an international research record with a relevant background in food research dealing with dairy products and dairy technology. The candidate is also an inspiring teacher with visions for teaching development. It is crucial that the candidate is able to foster a strong collaboration with the food industry and has proven ability to attract funding.
Qualifications are expected within the following areas:
- Management of research projects involving collaborations between academic and industrial partners
- Experience with international collaborations
- Ability to develop collaborative research project ideas and attract the required funding
- Project and teaching management skills
- A collaborative and innovative mindset
In addition to the above mentioned research qualifications, applicants are required to have a relevant Ph.D. degree and university level teaching experience, documented teaching competencies and must be able to explain and reflect upon own teaching practice. Formal pedagogical training or supervision equivalent to the University of Copenhagen teacher training program for assistant professors is required.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The candidate must be able to carry out research and teaching linking molecular understanding of individual food components and ingredients to the production, final quality and properties of dairy and related food products. The research should cover several of the following sub areas:
- Functionality of dairy components and ingredients
- Molecular interactions and behavior of food components, including use of rheology as analytical tool, food colloids, food polymers and interface phenomena.
- Functional and structural consequences of food processing
How to Apply?
The application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW above.
- Curriculum vitae including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Description of visions for teaching and documentation of teaching experience and qualifications according to university guidelines
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 5 particularly relevant papers
About Department of Food Science
The research areas of the Department have a shared mission to contribute with new solutions for society and industry to support sustainable food production, food security and safety as well as production of high quality food promoting human health and wellbeing. The Department of Food Science is recognized for excellence in food research, education, and industrial collaboration. The Department is an international workplace with English as primary working language. The Associate Professor will be a part of the Section for Ingredients and Dairy Technology, which conducts basic and applied inter-disciplinary research in close collaboration with industry and actively contributes to teaching at the BSc in Food Science and the MSc in Food Science and Technology.
Terms of employment
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Commencing salary is currently up to DKK 481.303 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 82.302)
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
Head of department, Anna Haldrup
Phone: +45 9356 5698
Head of section, Mogens Larsen Andersen
Phone: +45 3533 3262
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 10th, 2021 (GMT+9)