Associate professor in Enterprise Systems and IT Governance, in the Business IT Department at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Aug 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Enterprise Systems|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Business IT Department|
IT University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||Permanent position|
|Starting date||Jan 2022|
- Publications in internationally renowned outlets such as the IS basket of eight or equivalent internationally renowned outlets from other disciplines relevant for the position (e.g., Government Information Quarterly, Research Policy, Journal of System and Software)
- A Ph.D. degree
- The ability to teach content in at least two of the areas mentioned above, as documented by publication records or evidence of well-received teaching in the specific areas
Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate expertise or achievements in the following areas:
- The candidate should be able to develop and conduct teaching that is well received by students.
- A completed teacher development program (adjunktpædagikum) or an equivalent pedagogical qualification
- The candidate should be able and willing to contribute to our interdisciplinary research and teaching environment, such as by demonstrating familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative methods or by a track record of collaboration with researchers from other fields relevant to the IT University.
- A record of contributing to the goals of the institutions in which he/she has worked, such as participation in committees, etc.
- A record of attracting external research funding
- Competencies in supervising Ph.D. students
- The ability to read/speak a Scandinavian language or the willingness to learn Danish
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The new Associate Professor is expected to contribute to research, teaching, and funds raising in enterprise systems and IT governance. To qualify for this domain, the candidate should have a publication record or evidence of well-received teaching in at least two of the following areas:
- Design or use of enterprise software such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Supply Chain Management, and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Enterprise software platforms and ecosystems
- Design or use of databases in organizational contexts
- Data and business process modeling
- Business process analysis and automation
- Data platforms and data governance
- Enterprise architecture
- IT governance and control
- Adaptive data and analytics governance
- Regulatory compliance in data management
The new Associate Professor should design and execute academic research related to at least some of these areas. Moreover, the new Associate Professor should conduct excellent research-based teaching in the areas mentioned above. The teaching will be within the bachelor and master programs offered by the Business IT department, wherein most courses are held in English. The position will be based on a permanent contract (tenured position).
How to Apply?
You can only apply for this position by pushing the button “Apply Online” mentioned above
The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivated application, including a cogent argument for how qualified you are for the position and brief statements of research plans and teaching portfolio.
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment and academic background
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificates etc.)
- Copies of 3-5 publications relevant to the position.
- A numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Documentation of pedagogical experience and teaching record within the teaching areas listed for the position
- Preferably documentation of both a) received observation and feedback on teaching, b) pedagogical training courses as a teacher, c) a formal written assessment of teaching competence and d) a teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
Head of the Study Programme for Global Business Informatics
Phone: +45 7218 5272
Lene Pries-Heje Head of the Business IT Department
Phone: +45 7218 5362
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday August 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)