Digital Transformation – Associate professorship within the Information Systems and Digital Innovation (ISDI) research group, in the Business IT department, at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Aug 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Digital Transformation|
– Information Systems
– Computer Supported Cooperative Work
– Science and Technology Studies
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Information Systems and Digital Innovation (ISDI) research group|
Department of Business
IT University of Copenhagen
|Starting date||Jan 01, 2022 or soon thereafter|
We aim to hire a strong candidate holding a PhD in Digital Transformation, Information Systems (IS), Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Science and Technology Studies (STS), or a closely related field. Preference will be given to applicants with Danish language capabilities.
The candidate is expected to conduct research and research-based teaching in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital transformation, with a focus on management and leadership approaches or the changing nature of work and business due to datafication and artificial intelligence
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work: Ethnographic approaches to the study of digital transformation and artificial intelligence in complex organizational settings
- Information Systems: with a focus on determining business requirements for IT systems; and their ability to support both efficiency and well-being in the workplace.
- Science and Technology Studies: Of management, datafication and digitization
- Publications of research at a high international level in well-respected peer-reviewed venues
- Competences in developing and conducting teaching that is well received by students
- Services rendered to institutions in which he/she has worked and the broader peer scientific community, for example, reviewer, editorships, participation in committees, etc.
- Ability to attract external research funding
- Ability and willingness to supervise PhD students
- Read/speak a Scandinavian language (or have the willingness to learn Danish)
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The Associate Professor is expected to conduct research and to collaborate with fellow faculty members in the area of digital transformation and to develop interdisciplinary and intersectoral collaborations when relevant. The Associate Professor is expected to contribute to the IT University’s education programs, especially Master in IT Management, both by giving courses and by supervising BSc and MSc theses. Furthermore, the Associate Professor is expected to engage with society e.g. through external collaboration; to actively participate in securing external funding, and to contribute to the IT University’s strategic goals through internal processes and committee work. The position will be based on a permanent contract (tenured position).
How to Apply?
You can only apply for this position by pushing the button “Apply Online” mentioned above
The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivated application, including a cogent argument for how qualified you are for the position and brief statements of research and teaching plans
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment, and academic background
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificates etc.)
- Copies of max. 5 different publications you wish the evaluation committee to consider
- A numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Documentation of pedagogical experience and teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
- For the position as associate professor: preferably documentation of both a) received observation and feedback on teaching, b) pedagogical training courses as a teacher, c) a formal written assessment of teaching competence and d) a teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
Applications without the above-mentioned required documents will not be assessed.
Working at the IT University
Located in modern architecture at the intersection of the new Ørestad and the old Amager, the IT University offers an informal working environment, a varied everyday life, and a highly motivated, ambitious, competent and diverse international faculty, with PhD degrees from 15 different countries. The IT University is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself in actively and successfully pursuing an improved gender balance among students and among faculty. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
Lars Rune Christensen
Head of Study Programme for Master in IT Managament
Phone: +45 7218 5044
Head of Department for Business IT
Phone: +45 3026 0336
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday August 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)