Few Associate Professor positions in Biostatistics, at the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 24, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Faculty of Engineering and Science|
Department of Mathematical Sciences
|Contract Period||Not mentioned|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
The level of qualification for Associate Professors shall correspond to the level, which can be achieved on the basis of the appointment as Assistant Professor, but may be achievable in other ways. The appointment presupposes that the applicant can demonstrate original scientific production at an international level as well as documented teaching qualifications. Appointment to the position requires that both research and teaching qualifications are at the requested level. The two qualifications will be given equal and principal priority in the overall assessment.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
As associate professor in mathematical statistics your position entails the following responsibilities:
- Methodological, computational and applied research in Biostatistics.
- Cross-disciplinary collaborative research with an applied and/or strategic perspective.
- Teaching in the mathematics programmes (which comprise mathematics/statistics, mathematics-economics, and mathematics-technology) as well as teaching mathematics and statistics at the study programmes in Engineering and Social Sciences.
- Aalborg University has three campuses (in Esbjerg, Copenhagen and Aalborg) and teaching can be at all campuses.
- The majority of the teaching tasks at the undergraduate levels are in Danish, whereas teaching at the graduate levels may be in English or in Danish. Therefore, you are expected to learn Danish, within a reasonable period of time.
- Funding and external collaboration.
- The selected candidate must engage in acquiring external funding for research. This will involve collaboration with colleagues from the mathematics department and from other departments at Aalborg University including Aalborg University Hospital. This includes funding for theoretical, applied, and strategic research activities.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 10 publications.
- Teaching qualifications described in the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed the applicant must include an explanation for its absence.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data.
About Department of Mathematical Sciences
The Department of Mathematical Sciences hosts three mathematics programmes: mathematics (including statistics at the master level), mathematics-economics, and mathematics-technology. The department teaches and develops courses in mathematics and statistics for multiple study programmes at Aalborg University. Research activities at the department include mathematics-economics (mathematical finance and econometrics), statistics (spatial statistics, simulation based inference, statistical computing and statistics in forensic genetics), applied mathematical analysis (mathematical physics, partial differential equations, harmonic analysis, and approximation theory), coding theory, cryptography and topology. The Department of Mathematical Sciences wants to strengthens its profiles within Biostatistics. Hence, the position involves initiating collaborations to other research health and bioscience groups in Aalborg – both in industry (e.g. pharma, bioinformatics) and academia (i.e. Aalborg University and Aalborg University Hospital, Region Nordjylland).
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Head of Department Søren Højsgaard
Phone: +45 9940 8801
2021-224-03492 ONE OR MORE ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS (PART TIME) IN BIOSTATISTICS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday June 25th, 2021 (GMT+9)