Associate and or Assistant Professors in Embedded systems and Electronics, at the Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering of the University of Southern Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 31, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Associate and or Assistant Professors|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Embedded systems|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering|
Faculty of Engineering
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||Assistant Professors – 3 Years|
Associate Professors – Permanent
|Starting date||Oct 1, 2021|
The candidates must have a PhD in engineering or natural sciences. Commensurate with the seniority of the position applied for, we also expect:
– An outstanding experience with industrial collaboration
– Extensive research and publication track record
– A strong track record of attracting research funding
Responsibilities/ Job Description
We are seeking an active Researcher with an entrepreneur mindset and the passion to educate young students for the SDU Electrical Engineering Section located in Odense. I would also be a great advantage, if you have experience in managing research groups. This unit will, fully developed, count more than 25 members active in research, innovation, consulting and education. If you have an excellent track record in research fields related to embedded systems and digital electronics:
- Embedded systems
- Programmable Systems (e.g. FPGA)
- Operating Systems
- Analogue and digital electronics
and experience in industrial development in electrical engineering, experience in developing and leading top performing teams and creating successful collaborations between industry and academia, combined with a relevant Ph.D., send us an application.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above. The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
A panel will assess the qualification of the candidate for the described post based on the submitted material, which should include
- ideas for research and development activities
- a Curriculum Vitae and statement of motivation
- an account of significant contributions to the development of Electrical Engineering disciplines
- an account of significant contributions to innovation in Industrial Electronics
- an account of experience in education and outreach
- relevant diplomas
- a list of publications.
- Appointment to the positions will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
- Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Head of the CIE, Associate Professor Thomas Ebel
Phone: +45 93 50 72 05
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)