Assistant Professor Position for Coding Theory and Cryptography is available at Department of Mathematical Science, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 17, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Assistant Professor Position|
|No. of Position(s)||One or more|
|Research Area||– Mathematical Science|
– Coding Theory and Cryptography
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Mathematical Science,|
Aalborg University, Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||Sept 01, 2021|
PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- Research areas will be within Coding Theory and Cryptography. A selected candidate will have a proven track record of promising research within Coding Theory, Cryptography, or related subjects in Discrete Mathematics.
- The ability to contribute to the development of external collaboration and to secure external funding will be taken into account and the applicant is expected to have very good interpersonal skills. Special contributions to the development of educational and teaching related activities will be considered in the overall assessment.
- Teaching will primarily be in the three mathematical programmes, but also in other study programmes at the university.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button mentioned above.
The application must contain the following:
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed you must include an explanation for its absence.
About the Department
The Department of Mathematical Sciences houses three education programs, Mathematics, Mathematics-Economics, and Mathematics- Technology. Furthermore, several courses for programs in Engineering and Social Sciences are taught by the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Aalborg University is comprised of three campuses, Aalborg, Esbjerg, and Copenhagen. Teaching responsibilities may include courses at any of the three campuses.
- Appointment as an Assistant Professor cannot exceed a period of four years in total in a temporary position (appointment at Assistant Professor level cannot exceed a period of eight years in total in Denmark).
- For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Human Resources by mail email@example.com.
Professor Horia Cornean,
Tel: +45 9940 8879,
Head of Department Søren Højsgaard,
Tel: +45 9940 8801,
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday June 18th, 2021 (GMT+9)