Assistant Professor in International Politics, in the Department of Political Science and Public Management, University of Southern Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 28, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||International Politics|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Political Science and Public Management|
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- We are now looking for candidates who can support the department in realizing its strategic objectives by contributing to our existing research strengths in intelligence and cyber studies professionally and take on the administration of the Master in Intelligence and Cyber Studies.
- The successful candidate will be someone who produces original ideas through high-quality and pioneering research within areas of relevance to the IP section and to Center for War Studies, and who will engage in effective knowledge exchange through our high-quality study programs and through genuine engagement with societal actors and the wider public
- Delineate a research profile aligned with the International Politics Section indicating the potential for international scholarly impact and for facilitating research cooperation within the interdisciplinary Center for War Studies
- Document a substantial publication record at an internationally recognized level
- Document an ability to form and develop professional networks
- Document experience with various teaching and supervision formats as well as good teaching results
- Document an ability to develop and implement new pedagogical or didactical techniques
- Have experience with and genuine interest in outreach or knowledge-sharing activities and/or cooperation with external partner
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Research within the IP section focuses mainly, though not exclusively, on contemporary security issues. The section has a strong research profile and a dynamic doctoral training program and has extensive partnerships with other Danish and European institutes and universities. The IP section is responsible for teaching introductory IP courses at bachelor level and specialized graduate courses in Political Science, a master’s program in International Security and Law and a professional master’s program in Intelligence and Cyber Studies. All members of the IP section are associated with the interdisciplinary Center for War Studies (CWS), which facilitates research into fundamental questions of war, peace, and international order. For a detailed description of the research and activities of the Center for War Studies, please visit the CWS website.
The successful applicant will be tasked with a range of obligations in the IP section and in the Department of Political Science and Public Management, including:
- Conduct and publish research at a high international level in areas of relevance to the International Politics section and to the interdisciplinary Center for War Studies
- Conduct relevant teaching and supervision within the department’s entire portfolio of study programs, particularly the professional Master’s in Intelligence and Cyber Studies
- Apply for relevant individual/collective external research funding to develop the research environment in line with the strategic goals of the Department and the IP section
- Engage in knowledge exchange activities with the wider society
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted electronically no later than May 28, 2021 using the link above. Uploaded files must be in Adobe PDF (unlocked) or Word format. Each field can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
- A detailed CV
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed research plan (max 3 pages) for the next 4 years that describes the applicant’s:
- Potential to advance the field (both empirically and theoretically)
- Relationship to the aim and goals of the International Politics Section and the Center for War Studies
- Planned national and international collaborations
- Potential to obtain external funding
- Certificates/Diplomas (Master and PhD degree)
- A complete list of publications, which indicates which publications are most relevant for the position
- Up to 3 of the most relevant publications. Please upload a pdf for each publication. NOTE: If publications have been co-authored, co-author statements must be a part of this pdf and must include information like in this example. The statement is just for your inspiration.
About the Department
The International Politics (IP) section is part of the Department of Political Science and Public Management under the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences. The Department is organized around five research sections, including the International Politics section, as well as several cross-disciplinary research centers and research groups. Currently, the department employs around 120 people and attracts 2,500 students in its various full-time bachelor and master programs as well as part-time professional master programs. For a detailed description of the department’s profile and activities and more information about its strategy, please visit the department’s website.
Appointment to the positions requires a PhD or equivalent and will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 29th, 2021 (GMT+9)