Machine Learning jobs – Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor within machine learning, and your profile will contribute to DTU’s strategic focus on sustainable transformation and digitalization as well as providing Europe’s best engineering education, Section for Cognitive Systems, at DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Assistant Professor / Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||2|
|Research Area||Machine learning|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Cognitive Systems|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Your focus will be to strengthen our research and education within machine learning, and your profile will contribute to DTU’s strategic focus on sustainable transformation and digitalization as well as providing Europe’s best engineering education. You are enthusiastic about your research and have a strong passion for teaching. You have international ambitions and work published at leading machine learning venues, e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI, AISTATS or CVPR.
You will become responsible for the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
About DTU Compute
DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and innovation of high international standard – producing new knowledge and technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicants qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Head of Section Lars Kai Hansen
Mobile: +45 5180 1473
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)