Architecture, Media technology, Lighting Design jobs – Assistant professor to improve our built environment with applied knowledge of lighting design, At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology, Aalborg University Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 19, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Lighting design, Media technology, Architecture, Lighting engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
We are looking for a candidate with expertise in daylighting and electrical lighting from the fields of lighting design, media technology, architecture or lighting engineering
You are expected to have a proven track record in one and preferable several of the following research areas within lighting design:
- Media Technology, rendering and simulating light
- Dynamic lighting technology and programming
- Transdisciplinary methodologies designing and testing light in urban and/or indoor context
- Architectural lighting with a cultural and humanistic understanding
You have experience working with human-centered design, and your prior research should relate to and align with the Lighting Design Research Group.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Teaching will primarily be in the MSc program of Lighting Design with approx. 70 students (many of which are international)
Experiments through scale models, photo-realistic simulations and 1:1 dynamic lighting design mock-ups on site are developed to study how light can affect people in different spatial environments. The experiments address these needs through contextual architectural analysis, concept design and development, prototyping, information technology and programming, autonomous controlled lighting and technical hardware solutions, including sensors, a mobile lighting laboratory, sky scanners, thermal camera tracking, EEG, smartphone applications, and anthropological and phenomenological qualitative research methodologies
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed, you must include an explanation for its absence.
About Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology
The Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology’s goal is the development of an innovative cluster of engineering-based environments for education and research which integrate creativity, engineering and technology within the disciplines of architecture, urban design, industrial design, digital design and interactive media. The department is a leading research and educational environment in Denmark that addresses the challenge of the interplay between creativity and technology, and develops new areas in research and education directed towards the end-user
The Lighting Design Research Group combines architecture, engineering and media technology in a human-centered approach to lighting solutions that seeks to improve our built environment with applied knowledge of lighting design. Researchers, private business partners, municipalities and graduate students in Lighting Design team up to solve relevant societal problems. In this transdisciplinary approach, the learning process of analyzing, designing, implementing and testing is created in real-life scenarios such as hospitals, schools, public spaces and events, as well as in our Lighting Laboratories.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Associate Professor Ellen Kathrine Hansen
Tel. +45 9940 2086
Professor and Head of Section Sebastian Boring
Tel. +45 9940 2624
Sanne Vestergaard Hejlesen
Phone: (+45) 9940 3972
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 20th, 2021 (GMT+9)