Tenure Track position – Associate or Assistant Professor jobs – Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms, Logic-based Artificial Intelligence, At the Section for Algorithms, Logic and Graph theory (AlgoLoG) at DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Assistant Professor / Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Discrete Mathematics|
– Logic-based Artificial Intelligence
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Algorithms, Logic and Graph theory (AlgoLoG)|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||6 Years|
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
About Research project
At DTU Compute, we strive to achieve research excellence in our basic science disciplines, and we are committed to taking technological leadership in research and innovation. Addressing societal challenges is important to us and guides us in our efforts. We do so in collaboration with partners at DTU and other academic institutions, nationally and internationally, and, equally important, with industry and organizations. Communicating and collaborating with leading centres and strategic partners to increase participation in major consortia is at the forefront of our efforts.
DTU Compute plays a central role in education at all levels of the engineering programmes at DTU – both in terms of our scientific disciplines and our didactic innovation. As we aim to expand the department’s teaching and research in Discrete Mathematics, Algorithmic or Logic and Artificial Intelligence you should be as engaged in and motivated by providing and developing these core areas, as we are.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
At DTU Compute, we value knowledge sharing and cross functionality. You should therefore thrive in building relations and cooperating on reaching yours and the departments goals. Therefore, you are expected to cooperate and be eager to build relations with colleagues in the department and with other departments at DTU.
You set ambitious goals for your own research and have a great personal interest in delivering high-quality teaching. You wish to help expand the section’s research in one of the following three areas:
- Discrete Mathematics with focus on Combinatorics.
- Design and analysis of algorithms.
- Logic-based approaches to Artificial Intelligence.
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
Specifically, applicants should be able to teach within the following areas:
- Introductory courses in Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Logic/Artificial Intelligence.
- Advanced courses within Discrete Mathematics and Graph Theory, Algorithms or Logic and areas of Symbolic AI like Multi-Agent Systems, Automated Planning.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
About DTU Compute
DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and innovation of high international standard – producing new knowledge and technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Head of Section, Paul Fischer
Tel.: +45 4525 3713
DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms or Logic-based Artificial Intelligence
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)