Assistant Professor Jobs for Computer Science in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (IMADA) at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Odense, Denmark
Assistant and Associate Professorship Positions in Computer Science
Deadline to Apply
Apr 07, 2021 23:59 (GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Data Science
- Computer Science
- Pure Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
According to standard norms
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Odense M, Denmark
Associate Professorship – Tenured/permanent position
Associate Professor Jacopo Mauro
Head of Department Martin Svensson
- Has a PhD and research background in Computer Science
- Can contribute to teaching and advising in the department’s degree in Computer Science. The ability to support other degrees at the department (Data Science, Pure/Applied Mathematics) will be a plus
- Is interested in combining theory and practice of computer science
- Candidates for the position of assistant professor to have a research track record that shows considerable potential. An appointment as assistant professor lasts for three years, and contingent on successful completion of a lecturer training programme and a positive performance evaluation, a permanent position for associate professor is normally opened, for which the assistant professor can apply.
- Candidates for the position of associate professor to have a recognized research track record of more than four years after their PhD and to have demonstrated the ability to direct independent research projects and obtain external funding. In addition, applicants are expected to have substantial experience in teaching and supervision. The associate professorship position is a tenured/permanent position.
We are interested in applicants from all fields in Computer Science who can either strengthen or complement the current Computer Science research conducted at IMADA. Research in computer science at IMADA is currently organized in three main sections:
• Algorithms, where the main focus is on online algorithms, combinatorial optimization, graph theory and algorithmic cheminformatics.
• Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, and Programming Languages, where the main focus is on automated reasoning, knowledge representation, optimization, embedded and post-quantum cryptography, concurrency theory, distributed programming languages, cloud computing, DevOps, and microservices.
• Data Science and Statistics, where the main focus is on machine learning, data mining, biological and health data, data visualization and digital humanities, artificial intelligence, optimization, and statistics.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format.
- Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
- We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
- An application letter stating for which position the candidate wishes to be evaluated
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD certificate
- A teaching portfolio
- A research plan
- A list of references (i.e. two or three referees including their contact information).
About Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers a modern, inclusive, international and interdisciplinary working environment with state-of-the-art facilities as well as a strong tradition for collaboration across the departments and faculties. Research at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is organized in five main research sections: the three mentioned above and
• Computational Science, where the main focus is on numerical and stochastic analysis, mathematical modelling and computational quantum field theory
• Analysis, where the main focus is on operator algebras, non-commutative geometry and quantum mathematics.
The department also hosts the SDU eScience Centre, a national provider of HPC infrastructure for research, and thus offers access to attractive computational resources for research, teaching and industry. Besides the BSc, MSc and PhD programmes in Computer Science, the department offers BSc, MSc and PhD programmes in mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics economics and an MSc degree in data science
- Appointment to the position will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Biochemistry – DTU, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday April 8th, 2021 (GMT+9)