Assistant Professor Job in Musculoskeletal Health Research is available at the Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 09, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Assistant Professor Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Musculoskeletal Research |
– Sports Science
– Clinical Biomechanics
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||The Research Unit for Musculoskeletal Function and Physiotherapy (FoF)|
Department of Sports Science
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Jun 01, 2021 or ASAP and until May 31, 2021|
- Applicants must have a completed PhD degree (like Sports Science Degree) and must be able to show documented research work that complies with the research profile described above and it will be expected that the new assistant professor develops her/his research area in these research areas.
- The applicant will be expected to demonstrate highly profiled and documented research experience within the scientific field of musculoskeletal health.
Experience in research utilizing large clinical databases and public registries is an advantage.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The duties of the assistant professorship include research, education, administrative and management tasks.
- The research units carries out research and teaching in musculoskeletal health with a focus on epidemiology and clinical management of people with pain and disability.
- The research units are parts of the Center for Muscle and Joint Health, a multidisciplinary research center with a strong focus on public health, exercise and physical activity, clinical research and implementation of evidence-based programs in health systems and workplaces.
- The position involves lecturing at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels as well as supervision of students within the BSc and MSc programs in programs offered at the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Southern Denmark.
How to Apply?
Applications including the required attachments must be sent via the above -mentioned link “Apply online”. Only online applications will be accepted.
Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb. Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation. The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• a motivation letter
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• 3 (up to 5) scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the applicant to the most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work.
Incomplete applications with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
Head of the research unit, professor Jonas Bloch Thorlund
Tel: +45 6550 3894
head of research unit, professor Jan Hartvigsen
Tel: +45 6550 4522
head of the department, professor Jens Troelsen
Tel +45 6550 3493