Assistant/ Associate Professor job is available in Aarhus University, Department of Educational Theory and Curriculum Studies, Denmark (Assistant or Associate Professorship in Danish as a School Subject)
Deadline to Apply
Apr 07, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Assistant Professor / Associate Professor|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Educational Theory and Curriculum Studies|
|Contract period||1 September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter|
Danish School of Education – Educational Theory and Curriculum Studies
Ph: +82- 4587163991
Applicants for the assistant professor must have a PhD or the equivalent in Danish as a school subject or related fields, and must be able to document:
- Substantial research experience
- A relevant and internationally oriented publication profile
- Experience of or interest in participation in national and international research networks
- Experience of or interest in communication and knowledge exchange
- Experience of or interest in interdisciplinary collaboration as well as interdisciplinary research
- Experience of or the potential for obtaining external research funding
- Teaching experience at university level within the field of Danish as a school subject
- Experience of or interest in interdisciplinary teaching including innovative teaching methods
- Experience of or interest in supervising student projects and interest in researcher talent development.
Applicants for the associate professor must have a PhD or the equivalent in Danish as a school subject or related fields, as well as research and teaching qualifications equivalent to those acquired in an assistant professorship, and must also be able to document:
- Substantial research experience in Danish as a school subject
- Skills in empirical research
- An internationally oriented research profile
- A strong, relevant international publication profile
- Participation in national and international research networks
- Experience of participation in collective research projects
- Teaching experience at university level within the field of Danish as a school subject, interdisciplinary teaching experience including innovative teaching methods, and mastery of academic English in the classroom
- Proficiency in languages relevant to the area of research
- Experience of interdisciplinary cooperation
- Experience of attracting external research funding
- Experience of supervising student projects and an interest in researcher talent development.
- Applicants must be able to teach and publish in English and Danish or another Scandinavian language.
- The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the department’s academic environment.
- Has specific research experience in the field of Danish as a school subject (L1), understood as the development of language, bi-language, literature, media or literacy competences
- Has specific research experience connected to the development of reading and/or writing competences in primary or secondary school
- Can demonstrate substantial skills in empirical research
- Can demonstrate skills in collaborative and cross-disciplinary research
- Can demonstrate skills in handling different scientific methods.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE mentioned above.
- The application must outline the applicant’s motivation for applying for the position
- attaching a curriculum vitae
- a teaching portfolio
- a complete list of published works
- copies of degree certificates and no more than eight examples of academic production (mandatory)
- Please upload this material electronically along with your application. If nothing else is noted, applications must be submitted in English. Application deadline is at 11.59 pm Danish time (same as Central European Time) on the deadline day.
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and career counselling for expat partners.
- Read about the Department of Educational Theory and Curriculum Studies here.
- Questions about application and proces? Arts Administrative Centre – HR, AR, Emdrup +4587151737 email@example.com
- International applicants are encouraged to visit: https://international.au.dk/research/researcher-positions/workingconditions/ for further information about the benefits of working at Aarhus University and in Denmark, including healthcare, paid holidays and, if relevant, maternity/paternity leave, childcare and schooling.You can find further information about the taxation aspects of international researchers’ employment by Aarhus University here: Taxation when working or conducting research at Aarhus University (au.dk)
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday April 8th, 2021 (GMT+9)