Assistant Professor Position in Environmental Microbial Biotechnology is available at the Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
May 16, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biotechnology,|
– Microbiology or molecular biology
|Salary||34,600 DKK/ approx.|
|Workplace||Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences,|
Faculty of Science,
University of Copenhagen,
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||July 01, 2021|
- A PhD degree in biotechnology, microbiology or molecular biology
- Postdoctoral experience in microbial biotechnology, microbial interaction or synthetic biology
- A strong motivation for the area of research
- Excellent written and spoken English
Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
Special importance will be attached to applicants having the following professional and personal qualifications:
- Documented experience in microbial interactions and biotechnology
- A strong background within microbial molecular genetics, preferentially within mutagenesis, promotor studies, and DNA sequencing and analysis.
- Expertise and/or strong interest in microbial bioinformatics
- Well-developed collaborative skills
- Publication record within microbial interactions and biotechnology
- Documented experience with teaching
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The selected candidate is expected to:
- Contribute to the INTERACT research program and ongoing projects relating to plant-microbe/microbe-microbe interactions
- Further develop and strengthen the area of molecular microbial interactions and biotechnology
- Participate in the dissemination of research at both international and national conferences and in interdisciplinary research and publish in international peer-reviewed journals
- Participate in the acquisition of external funding
- Participate in teaching activities at the department including the supervision of BSc and MSc students
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY ONLINE above.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
- Teaching Portfolio
About Research project
To fully exploit the potential of plant-microbe interactions, currently being proposed as a fundamental part of the green solutions for sustainable agricultural production, a much deeper understanding of the complex and often-transient interactions in the rhizosphere environment is needed. Our goal is to detangle these interactions down to the molecular level, and understand them in an ecologically relevant scenario.
We are seeking a highly motivated biotechnologist with a strong background in molecular biology and microbial genetics who is enthusiastic about the opportunity to develop his/her skills in an international research environment, where different disciplines work closely together to obtain a holistic understanding of microbe-plant interactions in the soil environment.
About the Department
Description of scientific environment
The research focus at the Department is centered on plants, microorganisms, animals and the environment as a basis for sustainable production of food and other biological products. Research and teaching cover natural resources, agriculture, biotechnology and synthetic biology from the molecular level to the ecosystem scale.
The Assistant Professor will be based in the Microbial Interactions Group, and will be mainly associated to the INTERACT project (www.interact.ku.dk) funded by the Novo Nordisk foundation. The overall aim of the project is to decode the intimate microbial interactions in the rhizobiome, and reveal their influence on plant growth and performance.
- interver will be held at week 22 May-June 2021
- After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
Mette Haubjerg Nicolaisen
Tel: (+45) 35 33 26 49
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 17th, 2021 (GMT+9)